What's new

Herban Cowboy "Natural Organic" Shave Soap

Ya seriously, what a horrible product. I think I could get a better shave with a bar of Irish Spring bath soap!
Funny you should say that. My Haitian hallmate uses a standard bar of bath soap (no clue what brand) to shave with his M3. He just rubs his finger against the soap and rubs the finger into his beard.

But yeah, the Herban Cowboy stuff seems to be universally reviled. Why aren't they out of business yet? Are there really that many wet-shaving and/or vegan suckers in the world?

I've seen this product as well... and debated picking it up... the only thing that stopped me was the lack of room in my shave den. It's getting quite full >_<

V

VR6ofpain

I hope they go out of business. Their products are overpriced garbage.

boar hair brush
Which is quite funny when you consider that they're a vegan company...

I hope they go out of business. Their products are overpriced garbage.
I get the impression they're in trouble--they've stopped about half their range and done some serious rebranding of the rest.

How do I know all this? I quite like their deodorant. I agree the rest of the stuff they produce is a bit pants.

I just tried their Shave cream today... bummer I was not able to read this post before I bought it... It's... strange. My face burns when I use it, wonder if I'm allergic to something in it...

I heard that Herban Cowboy has painted their remaining stock of shaving soaps black and sold them to the NHL at a penny apiece for use in the playoffs... What else are they good for? :biggrin:

I heard that Herban Cowboy has painted their remaining stock of shaving soaps black and sold them to the NHL at a penny apiece for use in the playoffs... What else are they good for? :biggrin:

They're all black already, aren't they?

I just figured that fortified my theory that they were repackaged urinal pucks. :wink:

I am a very new (on my 5th day) wet shaver, and I picked this up while at a local food Coop as an upgrade to my williams soap that I got from the big box drug store. I havn't been able to get the hang of lathering yet, even after following the various tips from posts here on B&B. I now wonder if that is because of this particular product and whether or not I should just suck it up and order some better soap online.

V

VR6ofpain

It's... strange. My face burns when I use it, wonder if I'm allergic to something in it...
I am having that problem with C&E Sienna soap. I am very sad, since this stuff smell and lathers great.

I am a very new (on my 5th day) wet shaver, and I picked this up while at a local food Coop as an upgrade to my williams soap that I got from the big box drug store. I havn't been able to get the hang of lathering yet, even after following the various tips from posts here on B&B. I now wonder if that is because of this particular product and whether or not I should just suck it up and order some better soap online.
I've never used this product, but based on the reputation of it here I'd suggest that you now have a nice new puck of bath soap.

If you can get some Van Der Hagen locally (some Wal-Marts have it, check Walgreen's and CVS) I'd buy that- all varieties of it seem to be generally well-liked and my VDH Deluxe lathers and moisturizes well. For $2 it's a great value (though it still smells like soap, nothing fancy), and for something that you can probably get locally it's definitely worth buying, even if it isn't on the same level of soaps that cost $10 more.

No worries, I haven't had meat, pork or poultry in over 6 months. Fish, on the other hand, is nice for an occasional treat.

EDIT: Yes, I realize that this is ironic given the line in my signature. Don't blame me, I got it from the rear bumper of a taxi.

Here, for good measure I'll throw in a link to the thread that you started, Neil. A great list of recent opinions on the VDH in case Corey needs some additional encouragement.

No worries, I haven't had red meat or poultry in over 6 months. Fish, on the other hand, is nice for an occasional treat.

Here, for good measure I'll throw in a link to the thread that you started, Neil. A great list of recent opinions on the VDH in case Corey needs some additional encouragement.

It's quite alright, haha, I meant to throw a smiley in there to make sure I didn't seem mad.

And yes, I will go ahead and obsess once again over VDH. That stuff is CHEAP and it RULES!

As I put it onto my face it quickly thinned out to an almost liquid state. The smell was great and I felt very clean after but overall I was NOT very impressed with it but for under $5 I thought I would give it a shot just the same.

I had exactly the same experience. The smell is wonderful though.

Out of desperation bought some yesterday. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!

- NO LATHER
- STINKS TO HELL!!
- BURNS ON 2ND PASS

Going straight into the TRASH!!!:mad::mad::mad:

V

VR6ofpain

Out of desperation bought some yesterday. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!

- NO LATHER
- STINKS TO HELL!!
- BURNS ON 2ND PASS

Going straight into the TRASH!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Did you buy it from Whole Foods? They will give you a full refund.

I am so bumed that this is my first soap to introduce me to wet shaving. Yesterday I mixed in some of my Tom's of Maine cream left over from my cartridge days, and that seemed to improve things a tad.

Top Bottom