What's new

Herbal Scented Soaps

Hey all - I have been on the search for a while now for a very natural herbal smelling soap. The goal would be something close to smelling like herbs from the garden (basil, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, etc). Something like does smell like this, which I really enjoy is Chagrin Valley Herb Garden Shampoo Bar. The closest thing I currently have to this is LA Shaving - Toganga Fougere, but it's not quite there.

I have used Try That Soap and it doesn't seem to bring up much of anything. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Maybe a fougere that is heavier on the herbal green notes? The other idea I have is Talbot seems to make really earthy scents.

Couldn't find a lot on Tabula, but the Le Pere looks pretty interesting. Maggard has in stock too and they do have a cyber promo... thanks guys!

Interesting topic. I associate floral with Pre de Provence 63, which is pretty much also Eufros Gea and Wickhams 1924 Cashmere. But they are quite perfumey. I get more of a floral kick from something like Grooming Dept. Magnolia which is intensely magnolia and nothing else, and smells more natural as in "smelling it in real life" to me. Maybe that's what you mean - the floral without the perfumey overtones?

I haven't tried Nanny's Silly Soap yet, but they do floral stuff, basil etc.

On a slightly different topic; since you mention that you like the scent of herbs, have you tried Myrsol aftershave "Aqua Balsamica"?

It is a very nice healing herbal AS, rosemary, thyme etc.

Mickey Lee Reunion- earthy green peppery scent
Tiki- Spice Islands- mix of cilantro and mango
Omega Hedbe- believe it is still on sale at Maggards, suppost to be a herbal scent, but have not checked it out.

Myrsol Aqua Balsamica (as mentioned) may be the best match for what you are looking for.

Interesting topic. I associate floral with Pre de Provence 63, which is pretty much also Eufros Gea and Wickhams 1924 Cashmere. But they are quite perfumey. I get more of a floral kick from something like Grooming Dept. Magnolia which is intensely magnolia and nothing else, and smells more natural as in "smelling it in real life" to me. Maybe that's what you mean - the floral without the perfumey overtones?

I haven't tried Nanny's Silly Soap yet, but they do floral stuff, basil etc.

Sounds like the OP is looking for something herbaceous as opposed to floral. There really aren't that many soaps or creams that use herbs as the dominant note (other than the ubiquitous lavender). Sage is probably the next most commonly used, but that's usually combined with something. As I typed that, I remembered the Meissner Tremonia Salty Sage soap and cream. Good stuff!

Last edited:
Couldn't find a lot on Tabula, but the Le Pere looks pretty interesting. Maggard has in stock too and they do have a cyber promo... thanks guys!
Talking abut Maggards, they have Omega Herbs (herbae or whatever) cream and soap on clearance for like 7 bucks or so. Should worth a shot...

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the OP is looking for something herbaceous as opposed to floral.

Good point - that is indeed what he says. I was just thinking "garden". Like you say, herbs are rarer. I return to Nanny's Silly Soap since their ingredients list includes coriander and basil. There's T&S Sicily which is quite herbey, but there's some kind of bitterness with it I didn't like. Maybe something SV like Stella Alpina or Dolomiti? Not fully herbal but in the ballpark possibly.

I think that Siliski is finishing one up that is tentatively called Herbal Medley. From the puck I smelled that might be right up your alley.
Another one that you might keep an eye out for on the BST (its been discontinued I'm pretty sure) is Ruby's Green from Mickey Lee Soapworks.

Good point - that is indeed what he says. I was just thinking "garden". Like you say, herbs are rarer. I return to Nanny's Silly Soap since their ingredients list includes coriander and basil. There's T&S Sicily which is quite herbey, but there's some kind of bitterness with it I didn't like. Maybe something SV like Stella Alpina or Dolomiti? Not fully herbal but in the ballpark possibly.
Coriander and basil could be nice. Heck, I might even check that out!

Just got a couple of Obsessive Perfectionist soaps from the UK. Didn't like either at all - something in the base is bitter and interferes with the scent. Exactly what I felt about T&S Sicily. Kind of a herb scent like a bouquet garni with a lot of thyme in it. Weird. Herbs in the wrong way, not nice.

Awesome feedback guys, plenty to look at. Thank you! Once I figure it out I'll let you know what I ended up with. PdP looks like it might be in the lead now. Out of stock at my normal spots for buying though. Also - I just came across Lebelle Soaps - Spike's Garden... looks like their website got shut down though. Description was pretty darn close to what I am looking for: Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender, Sage, Geranium.

Talking abut Maggards, they have Omega Herbs (herbae or whatever) cream and soap on clearance for like 7 bucks or so. Should worth a shot...

Sent from my RNE-L01 using Tapatalk
I’ve been using in my rotation Omega Aquae cream verses hard soap and love the very subtle captivating natural scent both is cream and balm. Excellent value for money at markdown prices.

Top Bottom