What's new

Henson Razors... Yes or No???

Perfect shave, no drama

Attachments

• F519C5FE-A4B5-4CC6-806B-DFE04E188F6C.jpeg
    F519C5FE-A4B5-4CC6-806B-DFE04E188F6C.jpeg
    957.3 KB · Views: 23
I know the Henson Razors have been discussed. However, I have not found the exact answer I am looking for. Currently, I shave with a RazoRock game changer .84 usually with a feather blade or Astra SP and its great. However, I have started to notice my face feels a little rawer after my day to day shave. I mean a daily shaver (shave each day for work). That being said, I thought I would give Henson a try. My gut tells me the mild would be just that too mild. I guess what I am asking is, do you think the Henson medium ++ would be too aggressive for a daily shave? I have a fast growing course beard. Are these an excellent razor and would it suit my purpose. Sorry if this has been asked before.
I have found the closet a razor shaves the more irritation you have after. I can almost always tell how close my shave was just by using an alum block afterwards. I’m fine with a shave that is close but with no blood or redness

I have found the closet a razor shaves the more irritation you have after. I can almost always tell how close my shave was just by using an alum block afterwards. I’m fine with a shave that is close but with no blood or redness

That's part of the WOW with the Henson +++, I am able to get among the closest shaves I've ever gotten and with no irritation at all. Not only none with alum, none with an alcohol splash, which is even more sensitive.

My experience is not that great with Henson AL-13. I have strong coarse beard. I used only twice the razor and not impressed much. Probably I need to try different versions. However many people like this. As we all know "your milage may vary".

Reactions: Kix
My experience with the Henson: Only the +++ is efficient enough for me. Also, I use it with a heavier stainless steel handle to give it some needed heft (and to improve the looks, because the Henson razor handle is just plain ugly, IMO). But the +++ with a heavier handle is a pretty good razor.

My experience is not that great with Henson AL-13. I have strong coarse beard. I used only twice the razor and not impressed much. Probably I need to try different versions. However many people like this. As we all know "your milage may vary".

I also have coarse beard. The medium was completely ineffective. For me, the +++ wash harsh with too much blades gap.

• Sad
Reactions: Kix
I know the Henson Razors have been discussed. However, I have not found the exact answer I am looking for. Currently, I shave with a RazoRock game changer .84 usually with a feather blade or Astra SP and its great. However, I have started to notice my face feels a little rawer after my day to day shave. I mean a daily shaver (shave each day for work). That being said, I thought I would give Henson a try. My gut tells me the mild would be just that too mild. I guess what I am asking is, do you think the Henson medium ++ would be too aggressive for a daily shave? I have a fast growing course beard. Are these an excellent razor and would it suit my purpose. Sorry if this has been asked before.
Use it like a brush. NO pressure. The blade does not need that kind of support 🙂

That's the kind of shave I seem to always get from my Henson ++. Only a tingle in the neck area with the alum block. No more face irritation, itch, or bumps, just nice smooth, fairly long lasting close shaves!

I appreciate the Henson reviews here, but trying to choose between the mild and medium based on those alone has been one long back and forth, which is why I've taken a break. The Karve Overlander aluminum sounds better all around to me, but it's been out of stock for a while and there's no telling when it will be back. I'm currently in limbo, hating it, and fighting the urge to make a snap decision.
After reading the reviews, I decided on the Medium model. While the Mild would have probably been ok for me, a daily shaver, the Medium sounded very mild as well so I picked that one. Haven't looked back or regretted my choice, it even competes with my Rex Ambassador as far as shave quality and endurance are concerned. Don't have any info on the Overlander, I'm happy with the Brass model.

Top Bottom