What's new

Henson Razor Club.

Well...I ordered the AL13 in aircraft aluminum from Pasteur with the 15% Black Friday sale at under $60 shipped. Way I see it, if it is a winner, great. If it isn't, maybe my son, wife or daughter can use it instead of carts. If I love it, I will buy the Ti version later on.

Well...I ordered the AL13 in aircraft aluminum from Pasteur with the 15% Black Friday sale at under $60 shipped. Way I see it, if it is a winner, great. If it isn't, maybe my son, wife or daughter can use it instead of carts. If I love it, I will buy the Ti version later on.
Hopefully, you got the medium. If not, the mild is fine with a really sharp blade.

I got the mild version on purpose. I like mild razors with really sharp blades (Gillette Yellow / Nacet / Permasharp). If that isn't going to work, I can always return it and buy the medium later.
The mild is slightly negative with a Bic, which is what I have in it right now. The medium is great with medium sharp blades light Personna Platinum. Definitely keep the mild regardless, you can always hot rod it with a Kai if you are feeling adventurous. Or pass it on, I wouldn't be without both.

The mild is slightly negative with a Bic, which is what I have in it right now. The medium is great with medium sharp blades light Personna Platinum. Definitely keep the mild regardless, you can always hot rod it with a Kai if you are feeling adventurous. Or pass it on, I wouldn't be without both.
Thanks. My Masamune is also slightly negative but gives me great results, so I am hoping for the best.

Hensen Titanium is back in stock.

Which titanium would you recommend for me? Mild, medium or agressive?

I use a Wolfman WR2 1.25 blade gap and a Timeless Titanium .95

Agressive! Do it :a30:
Sorry, the medium will be too similar to your Timeless.

I am so jealous, but I did just buy a Timeless .95

Check the review on the previous page from @Eben Stone

I bought the medium aluminum and I wish it was a little more efficient (more aggressive). But I would rather play it safe -- if I had to buy a titanium one I might go for the medium again.

Thanks guys! I ordered the Henson Titanium aggressive which is the exact opposite approach I took with my Wolfman and Timeless journeys. Then again, I owned more than a few Wolfman and Timeless razors before I figured out which ones I wanted to settle with.

Thanks guys! I ordered the Henson Titanium aggressive which is the exact opposite approach I took with my Wolfman and Timeless journeys. Then again, I owned more than a few Wolfman and Timeless razors before I figured out which ones I wanted to settle with.
I know I am biased, but it will be a lot more desirable to sell if it doesn't work out since the aggressive is only available in Ti. I am bummed they dropped the colors, enough excuse for me to wait. :a36:

I have the Ti22 in medium and use it all the time. But agree that the aggressive one will be much more saleable if you end up not liking it.

I saw this the other day. I'd like to invest in a high-end razor eventually, and like the AL-13 I've been using for the last 3 months. But unfortunately I'm too new at this to know what level of aggressiveness I'd want long-term, or even for sure that the Henson design is what I'll want to go with.

They're down to about 90 Ti-22s though, so it looks like they're selling. Hopefully Henson will stay in business and another batch will drop when I'm more ready to part with $250.

I saw this the other day. I'd like to invest in a high-end razor eventually, and like the AL-13 I've been using for the last 3 months. But unfortunately I'm too new at this to know what level of aggressiveness I'd want long-term, or even for sure that the Henson design is what I'll want to go with.

They're down to about 90 Ti-22s though, so it looks like they're selling. Hopefully Henson will stay in business and another batch will drop when I'm more ready to part with $250.
If it helps you at all, there are really only two other razors(maybe 3) that bend the blade as much as the Henson. Even though it is $$$, you might consider Yates Ti because you can get different plates. The stainless is reasonable to start out with cost wise then you can get on the list for the Ti. The reason I say Yates is because it has a modified head shape similar to the Henson, but with a little more rounding allowing more flexibility. There is plenty of information out there and nothing wrong with starting with the low plate, plus you move up to stainless.

Another possibility is Timeless. It took me a year to get and I waited till I could afford Ti and knew it was going to work for me. The head is more of a continuous arc, but still bent highly. Once again if this plate didn't work out, I could sell it and get a different one since I like the shape.

you might consider Yates Ti because you can get different plates. The stainless is reasonable to start out with cost wise then you can get on the list for the Ti. The reason I say Yates is because it has a modified head shape similar to the Henson, but with a little more rounding allowing more flexibility. There is plenty of information out there and nothing wrong with starting with the low plate, plus you move up to stainless.
The Henson was my second razor last year after beginning with the Merkur 34C. The Henson to this day has never disappointed me. I was fortunate to try a Yates 921 on a passaround. As soon as I used it, I knew I had found my holy grail razor. The M plate is so satisfyingly efficient yet comfortable like the Henson. The H plate is perfect for head shaving; feels just as comfortable and "safe" as the Henson medium.

Top Bottom