What's new

Henson DE Razor Aggressive vs Medium?

Looking at the published specs, I have a hard time accepting that the Henson "Aggressive" is aggressive.
Probably aggressive in elation to Henson Mild.
Seems like a nice razor for daily shaves...The gap is 0.99 mm and the exposure looks minimal to me.
A storm in a Ti cup?

Of course, their nomenclature is just relative to their products. It doesn't relate to other companies. They make three levels, pick what you like.

Blade gap is not a good measure of efficiency with the Henson, nor of aggressiveness. The design of the Henson Head and the way it clamps the blade, making the blade cut better, gives smoother efficient performance than regular razors with similar specs. It really is sort of apples to oranges. The Henson +++ is a very efficient razor and more than I need.

When the Canadian aerospace boys designed the Henson they inadvertently designed it to shave at its best with Jack Black Beard Lube. I have found that with every razor made, over lathering creates way too much residue into the head of the razor. The relatively wide face of the Henson likes a low slick shaving surface. That’s my 2 cents on this. If you like shaving with a Henson with lather you will be elated with JBBL. I find ++ to be ideal and if I get the Ti I will get that one.

When the Canadian aerospace boys designed the Henson they inadvertently designed it to shave at its best with Jack Black Beard Lube. I have found that with every razor made, over lathering creates way too much residue into the head of the razor. The relatively wide face of the Henson likes a low slick shaving surface. That’s my 2 cents on this. If you like shaving with a Henson with lather you will be elated with JBBL. I find ++ to be ideal and if I get the Ti I will get that one.
This has been my experience as well - using thinned out lathers that still have plenty of "glide".

As a noob (1st DE razor in decades) I successfully dialed in my Cella. I started playing with a Gamechanger recently, and upon returning to my AL13 +, I'm finding that I have to relearn how to dial in my lather - how thin to make it while avoiding having it run down my face.

... Thom

Ewk is spot on. They both get pretty comparable shaves but the medium will just get you there faster with less passes. I’ve had both and once I got the medium I never turned back. I even then bought the ti22 medium because I knew that was the Goldilocks for me.
And me and I only shave twice a week and the medium is perfect even under the nostril.

And me and I only shave twice a week and the medium is perfect even under the nostril.
I totally agree with this! The shaves, once you get the angle right, are effortless BBS, at least for me. I could probably get away with two day shaves instead of every day. I sure wouldn't want anything more aggressive than the Medium, I'm just not into face pain anymore. Of course there are many other razors that give great shaves, but the Henson light weight just seems to be more fun for some reason. It's an easy razor to use and maintain. I always look forward to using it again. Additionally, the Henson seems to be the only razor that makes a clean sweep in the neck region where I normally have left over whiskers to go over and over again.

Last edited:
I have both the Ti22 Med and Aggressive. The main difference between the two is the Aggressive has a touch more blade feel and a tad wider operating angle. If you have the Med and are looking for more efficiency, the Aggressive has it....but not a huge jump up. I enjoy using my Medium more as the Aggressive can irritate my skin after a few days in a row using it. I'm a daily shaver. If I only shaved 2 or 3 times a week the Aggressive would get the nod.

Top Bottom