What's new

Henson AL13 vs. Ti22

First post here and just started using my first double edged razor - a Henson AL13 ++. I’ve loved it so far and have much less razor burn than cartridge razors used to give me.

I’m currently debating on exchanging for the Ti22 for the increase weight and durability. Also thinking about the +++.

Can those of you with experience with these share your experience? Is the Ti much nicer? Is the aggressive +++ much different than the Medium ++?

Thanks! Excited to actually enjoy shaving now!

The +++ is a significant step up in efficiency from the ++. The weight difference between Al and Ti isn't as much as I expected.

If you are just starting, I'd stick with what you have for quite a while. If you want a bit more efficiency, try a sharper blade. I like Nacet and Perma-Sharp in my Hensons.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I’ve enjoyed shaving for the first time in my life. I used to dread it and put it off. It’s now actually a relaxing way to end the day.

I started off by trying my Henson AL13++ and a Supply SE Pro at the same time. Pretty sure the Supply is going back because I’m not as big a fan of the material/finish or the angle of the blade. Maybe I’m being a snob, but I don’t have as much trust in a coated alloy. They offered me 50% off if I want to just keep it. The mirror coating already got a fairly deep ding just from setting it in the stand.

Thanks again for the input and welcome.

Yes, welcome @PaladinGuy! Great to hear you had an enjoyable shave that was relaxing and not a dread. I was in the same boat a bit over a year ago, the first ever and I was a half-century old. Finally!

The Henson is a very smooth and effective razor, I hope you continue to enjoy it! Join the Henson Razor Club where there is lots of discussion of them among us Henson fans. Hop over there, let us know how it is going, what blades you're using, etc..

I do really like my Supply too, I have the SE. The angle of the blade is a feature, not a bug. If you keep it very shallow it is an incredibly smooth shaver. It is probably the smoothest shaver I have. The Henson is close and I can get a closer shave with it, but the Supply is just so smooth, due to that shallow angle.

I've had both the Ti and the Al, both mediums and in the V1 versions. I think I'm one of the few that prefer the aluminum. I sold the Ti and when my razor was lost in luggage I bought a V2 aluminum in mild (+) and have been totally happy with that.
The titanium is only like an ounce heavier and to me did not conduct the hot water to the razor as well as the al did and "felt" different as far as glide when shaving.
Like I said, I think I'm in the minority for my preference of the AL over the TI based on reviews I've read (I also think I'm in the minority for preferring the mild version over the medium).

Top Bottom