What's new

Henson AL13 Medium Steel Blue Aluminum DE Razor (Just Ordered)

Regarding the light weight, well, its aluminum, so its going to be the lightest in the camp. Even my Timeless TI95 razor has more weight in its titanium class. Honestly, I think that this razor could receive an amazing upgrade with even just a Timeless Crown handle attached to it!
While I like the looks of the Crown handle on the AL-13 I'm not sure it makes the razor shave better.
7A590AA7-0704-416E-8A0D-23A175E284D6.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
While I like the looks of the Crown handle on the AL-13 I'm not sure it makes the razor shave better.View attachment 1485844

Oh my gosh, its so beautiful!!! 😍 It looks exactly the way I'd hoped it would!

The Crown handle is not for making the Henson shave better. It serves two purposes IMO, it makes the Henson feels better in your hand, and it won't slip with soapy fingers, and it makes the razor look 10-times better. Thanks so much for sharing!

Oh my gosh, its so beautiful!!! 😍 It looks exactly the way I'd hoped it would!

The Crown handle is not for making the Henson shave better. It serves two purposes IMO, it makes the Henson feels better in your hand, and it won't slip with soapy fingers, and it makes the razor look 10-times better. Thanks so much for sharing!
Have you considered the Henson AL13 aggressive plate?

I used the aluminum handle that came with it. I am sure if I paired it with an SS handle, it would make it feel a bit more weighty. But I decided I would better spend my money on full SS razors and just get a refund on this razor.

I felt the same way when I first got the Henson. I was used to heavier razors like the Razorock Game Changers but I kept using the Henson and it did shave better than the RR GC. After a few shaves the weight did not matter to me. I could whip around my face with the henson and not get cut. The Henson razor is my first choice when picking a razor. I just can't justify the 3-4x cost to buy the Titanium model

I think you should have given it more time before pulling the cord

I felt the same way when I first got the Henson. I was used to heavier razors like the Razorock Game Changers but I kept using the Henson and it did shave better than the RR GC. After a few shaves the weight did not matter to me. I could whip around my face with the henson and not get cut. The Henson razor is my first choice when picking a razor. I just can't justify the 3-4x cost to buy the Titanium model

I think you should have given it more time before pulling the cord
I do highly recommend this razor if you like lightweight razors. It will do your face justice. I just need more weight though.

By the way, I love your avatar. Where did you get your shaving brush? I may want one. It's a beautiful green

I do highly recommend this razor if you like lightweight razors. It will do your face justice. I just need more weight though.

By the way, I love your avatar. Where did you get your shaving brush? I may want one. It's a beautiful green

Thanks. it's the brush that I designed and had made by Wolf Whiskers. I got lucky one day and made it on his wait list. It was a fun process. I am not a big brush guy and can't understand how some people spend $400+ on a brush but I treated myself to a Wolf Whisker brush and it is fantastic

Attachments

• DSC06896.jpg
    DSC06896.jpg
    847.9 KB · Views: 10

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Holy molly, I just realized, I forgot to share with you all my Henson modification, in my own thread. Presenting the upgraded Henson V1 Medium razor in steel blue, with the Razorock Baby Smooth handle!

proxy.php
IMG_4046.JPG
proxy.php

And this baby smooth handle increases the horse power to my Henson razor, now it always provides me a baby smooth shave. OK ok, in all honesty, I was getting a baby smooth shave before, but this handle makes it easier. Why you ask? Well, how about the fact I can actually grip it for starters!

I hadn't used my Henson razor in awhile. But this evening I felt like just having a quicker shave. I had a lovely shave today, and I used Stirling's Ice Coffee shave soap, and wow does it smell delicious. Yum!

proxy.php

And for my aftershave, I chose the only coffee scented one that I have, and thats Black Ship Grooming's, Captain Joe aftershave splash. It went on real nice.

proxy.php

One of the things that I forgot that Henson razors are good at, is getting under the jaw line without opening you up. I just don't think you need a lot of aggression for under the jaw line. What you need is a razor that has minimal exposure, just enough to get the job done, and Henson does just that.

And here is my Henson razor apart, and air drying, before putting it back on my lovely razor and brush stand...

proxy.php

Reactions: Kix

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Have you considered the Henson AL13 aggressive plate?

I would have to spend a lot of money to buy a Henson +++ razor. And while I did think about it at one time, I chose not to do so. These days, I have my sights set on a much nicer razor then Henson, and I'd rather spend my money there.

Top Bottom