What's new

FS Henso. Gibbs #17. Vintage Merkur 34, Wee Scot, others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting a few rarities and other nice razors go as they see no use and I have acquired too many. All specimens in very nice condition unless otherwise noted. Selling most for less than I paid myself.

I am in Europe. Standard shipping without Track&Trace/insurance worldwide 10 USD in box. Shipping with Track&Trace/insurance 50 USD to US, 35 USD to UK. Other countries please pm. Sorry for crazy T&T shipping prices, am only charging at cost.

Please see all pics below to evaluate condition. Discount if grabbing more items. If prices are off let me know, and shoot me a PM if questions. Thanks.

Thanks for looking, gentlemen!

1940s Henso, silver plated by Chris Evatt - 240 USD
Henso was a 1930s - 1940s trademark owned by JA Henckels, a manufacturer of knives, straight and safety razors. This 3-piece beauty came to me with no plating left, quite pitted on the back of the baseplate but with great topcap, handle and perfect engravings, no cracks and with solid mechanics. Originally this model had silver plated handle with chromed head, and Chris Evatt has brought it back to life for me.

You all know Chris’ level of work but of course not even he can remove all history’s traces. But it is very nice, handle and topcap borderline like new, I’d say. Rare in this condition. Chris added one full ground layer of bright nickel followed by a tripple layer of silver all over. Chris himself was over the moon with the design of the classic. However sadly it is too aggressive for me (I am a softie). To me it has both the looks and the shaving caracteristics of a Merkur 34 which by many is considered mild but which for some odd reason is rough on me. So, as I have set a principle of only owning razors I can use I am sending this forward for less than I have in it.

German 3 razor pack (1980s Merkur 34, Merkur 11, Apollo travel razor) - 135 USD total
Both Merkurs have chrome plated heads and silver plated handles. The 34 is in very nice condition and I believe quite rare in this condition. Original cardbox box in like-new condition. The 11 is in fair condition. Mechanics perfect, the chrome topcap has been replaced by a new one, as far as I can see, the baseplate is nice, the handle has small stable crack + spots. The Apollo is usergrade with some pitting to the head, otherwise nice. Engraved ‘Mussbach’ on the head. Case is sturdy and closes like it should.

Gibbs No. 17 Reglable - 80 USD
Very nice condition. For transparency: I never shaved with this, as I was a bit unsure about the blade gap. Cannot see anything wrong with it however (nor could CAP judging from detail photos). I just can’t bother with adapting blades for this. Price set accordingly.

British Aristocrat #22/66 - 50 USD
Razor has only been used twice by me. I bought it newly replated by sportshaving.com. The rhodium replate is perfect except on the back of the baseplate (probably due to pitting that could not be removed), I have tried to take pics of all angles. The TTO mechanics are the best I personally have ever experienced in any razor, bar none. I have since gotten another #66 and a #70 so this one goes.

1965 K3 Gillette Super-Speed Flare Tip - 45 USD
Replated bright nickel by Chris Evatt and used twice since. No issues. Shave away!

Schick Krona, full NOS original set - 50 USD
I shaved with it once after unpacking it. Got it from a guy in Sweden who got it way back out of an Swedish Army supply depot. With unopened orginal blade pack.

3 Best badger brush pack (Simpson Wee Scot, Edwin Jagger x 2) - 30 USD total
I love the Wee Scot which to me has lived up to fully its grand reputation. But now I have fallen in love with its cousin the Simpson Major, and I only need 1 travel brush. I have used this wee one less than 10 times, no shredding (of course), comes in original packaging.
2 Edwin Jagger best badgers. 1 travel set, 1 larger. None of them have been used more than 10-15 times as I moved on to Semogue boars and then to Simpson best badgers.

Henso
DC09A6E7-B717-4178-96E8-2A9E523C87D6.jpeg
497C9A5A-BDEF-43A8-9441-3A9CE60CD5D7.jpeg
C63E0B2D-E9FF-4130-A1D0-BD458E04F90C.jpeg
BF8CD249-8663-4259-BE03-EA98C75E4346.jpeg
E6167FDF-8F9D-486B-A271-A2E323853668.jpeg

Attachments

• 7A2EBA3D-6508-4837-8CA8-C1469AFDE0C8.jpeg
    7A2EBA3D-6508-4837-8CA8-C1469AFDE0C8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Still available – final reductions, otherwise these go back in the drawer ;)

Henso – now 220 USD
German 3 razor pack (1980s Merkur 34, Merkur 11, Apollo travel razor) - now 95 USD
British Aristocrat #22/66 - now 40 USD
Schick Krona, full NOS original set - now 40 USD
3 Best badger brush pack – now 20 USD

That British Aristocrat at 40 USD shouldn't last long. If anyone was looking to buy one of these to use a regular shaver this is about as good of a price it gets even with shipping factored in.

I am trying to reduce the amount of razors I have but at this price this one is seriously tempting to me for that reason.

That British Aristocrat at 40 USD shouldn't last long. If anyone was looking to buy one of these to use a regular shaver this is about as good of a price it gets even with shipping factored in.

I am trying to reduce the amount of razors I have but at this price this one is seriously tempting to me for that reason.

Thanks, you are very right, sir - I paid north of 100 for this and shouldn’t even be selling for this price. Only thing is that my wife needs to see razors go out also once in a while, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom