What's new

Help with Tech ID

Hi all,

I just received an English flat-bottom Tech from Chris at Back Roads Gold. Chris says it's from the 40s and is sort of rare due to the thin handle. He replated it in mirror nickel, so I don't know what the original finish was, but it did come in a small bakelite box.

IMG-0326.jpg

IMG-0327.jpg

IMG-0328.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

I just received an English flat-bottom Tech from Chris at Back Roads Gold. Chris says it's from the 40s and is sort of rare due to the thin handle. He replated it in mirror nickel, so I don't know what the original finish was, but it did come in a small bakelite box.

View attachment 1567527

View attachment 1567528

View attachment 1567529

Thanks for your help!
From your description I would say it was one of these guys
proxy.php

Thin handled Techs do seem to be quite rare. Nice acquisition!

Last edited:
I have exactly the same set and it's a really lovely shaver - smooth and very efficient. Personally I prefer it with a fat handle from another Tech, but that's just my opinion. It also works very well with a Bulldog handle from a Weber PH.

I prefer the fat handles as well, I may see if Chris can come up with something plated to match.

I own one of these razors, and after the first shave with it, turned into my #1 razor. I'm just blown away about how smooth and still efficient this razor is.

Can someone show the difference between the thin vs the fat handle?

Top Bottom