What's new

Help with recanting AS

Got some big bottles of Pinaud that I want to recant into some vintage barber bottles. My question is:

Where can I get (buy) the plastic neck reducer inserts?...and are there different sizes avaiable?

Thanks.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It’s easier to buy glass bottles with the reducer’s in them already, then it is trying to find reducer’s that fit different sized bottles you may already have.

It’s easier to buy glass bottles with the reducer’s in them already, then it is trying to find reducer’s that fit different sized bottles you may already have.

I've got a couple of the larger hot sauce bottles with the wood caps (can't remember the name). I already repurposed those, but I really want to use the vintage barber bottles. I thought the plastic reducers were available, just don't know where to source them.

You could either buy new search bottle orifice reducer
Repurpose the reducer that you have in other bottles, soy sauce hot sauce aftershave bottles
Or make something work. Anything that stays in the top will restrict flow. Some have drilled a hole in cork or use plastic drywall anchors and trim the bottom of the anchor for flow. You could even drill a hole in the cap.
Another way is just covering part of the bottle top with your thumb.

Top Bottom