What's new

Help with Razor and handle ID.

157EBD41-E962-4157-B9C7-1BE0B356D946.jpeg 8792885B-F163-49FB-B19C-6A97ABC220C1.jpeg Help with handle id. I picked up a Gillette Razor today with a funky handle. W4 date code. Any ideas.

Hmmm. It definitely looks like a gillette tech head. The handle looks European. My merkur 1906 has a similar handle, with knurling where this one is blank. My guess is it's a mismatch. I've never seen a gillette handle that looks like that.

The handle has a rustic look to it, which makes me think it was from a less advanced factory or workshop. It makes me think it was made in a poorer country, maybe Russia or Eastern Bloc. But that's just a guess.

Hmmm. It definitely looks like a gillette tech head. The handle looks European. My merkur 1906 has a similar handle, with knurling where this one is blank. My guess is it's a mismatch. I've never seen a gillette handle that looks like that.

The handle has a rustic look to it, which makes me think it was from a less advanced factory or workshop. It makes me think it was made in a poorer country, maybe Russia or Eastern Bloc. But that's just a guess.

+1! I agree, most likely a mismatch.

Top Bottom