What's new

Help with purchase (vibrating vs rotating)

I have tried both those with straight blades (single-headed / vibrating) and those with 3 spinning (three-headed / rotating)

I like the three-headed one the best because you don't have to think so much there. It is just to go up and down here and there ..
But I have a terrible problem getting my throat hair done. No matter how I twist and turn and try to tighten the skin, it takes a hell of a while to get rid of most and it never becomes perfect. In the yellow light in the bathroom it can look good but well in the job's super white light on the toilet I see that oh f **ck. But other parts of the face just go with speed.

I have a Philips AquaTouch S5050 that went for about EUR 60-70 sale. Before, I used to combine it with a Braun CruZer 5 that looks like the sister of the model Braun S3 3040s to solve the throat.

Can add that my beard growth has pretty soft hairs that always want to mess with avoiding the blades.

The question now is if I spend EUR 200 on a three-headed, do I get one that clears my throat then? Or is it just as good to completely go back to a single-headed and bother more with shaving? Alternatively buy a new cheaper single-headed.

From what I understand, several models use the same blades, then I assume that what you get most from a more expensive one is a stronger engine / more battery and the same '****ty blades'. Which blades are the **** if you are going to look at blades??

I am not interested in paying more for accessories as a charging dock and ordinary honest manual razor does not fit into my routines / everyday possibilities

Advise?

Last edited:
Foil shavers in general will give you a closer shave than rotaries. The closest foil shavers by report (and my experience) are Panasonic shavers, and they come in a variety of models, with and without cleaning stations and accessories. The Arc 3s are pretty reasonable, and provide excellent shaves. Foil shavers, however, tend not to catch flat-lying hair as well as rotaries. The AquaTouch is a fine shaver, but it uses Philips' "ComfortCut" head with a single cutting ring, which might not provide as close a shave as some other models. There is probably more variability among rotary heads than foils, and a dual-ring head like one of the 7000 Series might work better for you. That said, you mention going "up and down" while shaving, and rotaries are meant to be used (mostly), with a "rotary" motion, rather than back-and-forth and up-and-down like foils. Your technique is probably more significant that the type of shaver you use. Any electric also works best with a shorter beard - as in daily shaving - and you won't get "perfect" with any electric: you'll get stubble, shorter or longer. It's the nature of the beast. "Perfectly" acceptable for most purposes, but not perfectly BBS. For that, you'll need a blade, but again, pretty close for some electrics. Try improving circular motions with your rotary, or even using a pre-shave or foam, and see if you get any better results. Good luck!

Top Bottom