What's new

Help with new Grinder for Pour Over

The pdf will show you how to troubleshoot the relay, fused link, circuit board, and motor.

I doubt it is anything big. Lose wire or relay not making contact

Can't get pdf links on the phone otherwise I'd send you the direct link. Pick electric troubleshooting from the list. 4 pages of "what to do"

It will save you some $$$

Got to this point, and all was good on the first test...! all the connections were good and the PTC was not at all hot...who knows?

thanks for sending this along! (saved me $60minimum!, which funded the purchase of the Hairo Pro.

"If the motor does not power on and the PTC is not hot Manually rotate the center burr 90 degrees. Turn on the unit via the side switch. Plug the unit in for 10 seconds and then unplug. Repeat the procedure one more time if it still does not power up (for a full motor rotation of 180 degrees). We are testing to see if the motor has a bad pole with this procedure."

Well, Mick...she gound my beans this am, then went silent again after, I am sensing a trend...anythought on what could be the issue at hand? bad poles in the motor?

Could it be the beans I am using, this all started after the latest purchase of beans...?

Well, Mick...she gound my beans this am, then went silent again after, I am sensing a trend...anythought on what could be the issue at hand? bad poles in the motor?

Could it be the beans I am using, this all started after the latest purchase of beans...?

Baratza has a toll free #. I'd recommend you give them a phone call. Explain all you have done and that you are unable to resolve the problem.

They are pretty good at sending replacement parts (no charge) after their warranty period.

They've sent me a complete control panel 4 years out of warranty and even covered shipping to me as well as other bits like stripped gears etc.

Not saying this is "normal", just my experience with them. Even if you need to purchase parts they are reasonable, unlike Mazzer who has very high pricing on repair parts.

At the least, they will tell you how to troubleshoot further than their printed material covers.

Baratza has a toll free #. I'd recommend you give them a phone call. Explain all you have done and that you are unable to resolve the problem.

They are pretty good at sending replacement parts (no charge) after their warranty period.

They've sent me a complete control panel 4 years out of warranty and even covered shipping to me as well as other bits like stripped gears etc.

Not saying this is "normal", just my experience with them. Even if you need to purchase parts they are reasonable, unlike Mazzer who has very high pricing on repair parts.

At the least, they will tell you how to troubleshoot further than their printed material covers.

Thank again for the tips Mick, I will give them a call this week; the Hairo Skerton Pro arrived yesterday and I put it to use this am, nice even grind...a bit of work (24g of beans), but worth it. (felt like I earned my coffee this am)

I enjoy grinding 16-18 grams for a moka pot in mine.

Yesterday I ground 36 grams for a press and it was work, not enjoyment.

Funny how I don't mind grinding that much when we are out in the RV but consider it a chore at home.

I'm going to bring back another Forte shut off hopper next trip so that I can take the beans off and grind a different roast in the electric instead of musseling the hand grinder for larger than a double. I have a few extra of these as I use the standard "funnel" type hopper with my multi grinder set up at the other house.

Shut off Hopper (Includes Lid) - Baratza

They leave about 6 grams in the throat which is not bad

Last edited:
Got mine just in time for a power outage! our area was hit with a microburst/tornado yesterday--rare in western Connecticut, we lost power for 24h, luckily I have a gas stove and water...Several towns around still have 90+% customers without juice!

Top Bottom