What's new

Help With Information About Vintage Rooney Beehive

I am trying to determine the age of this brush and any additional information possible. I have read through some of the resources here and surfed the web. I know that some older brush handles contained materials that would change color with age - 20 to 30 years or more. This brush has a wonderful color but I don't know if that was the original color. I would appreciate any information about this brush that can be shared.

I purchased this Rooney Beehive Brush here through the B&B and corresponded with the two previous owners. Not much information available beyond an estimated age of 30+ years.

The brush is HUGE. It rivals a BK12 that I owned for size but with a bit more backbone but not much. The brush dimensions has a 27mm knot, a 66mm loft and a 66mm handle height. It weights 125g.

Thanks for your assistance and your expertise.

That is a beautiful brush. Short of confirming that it is most likely a catalin or Bakelite handle, what other information do you want to find out? Unlike Simpson and Kent, it is very difficult to get information about Rooneys.

Better pictures are always appreciated. On the other hand Bob's statement is so true. I hope there was a Rooney catalog or they are going to open a decent web site.

That is a beautiful brush. Short of confirming that it is most likely a catalin or Bakelite handle, what other information do you want to find out? Unlike Simpson and Kent, it is very difficult to get information about Rooneys.

I am interested in anything I can learn about the brush. I have traced the brush through previous owners as far as I can. One of the previous owners believes the brush handle is catalin. I have seen some other vintage Rooney brushes that have a similar coloring that were reportedly from the 50's.

I failed to mention in the first post that there is lettering on the bottom of the brush:

<R>
ENGLAND

This mark is very faint and I did not believe I could get a decent photograph of the lettering.

It is a keeper and I hope that over time I can uncover some additional information.

Top Bottom