What's new

Help with French Depose' Frameback Removable Blade

Greetings All. First, I'm a new member and wanted to thank all of you for the helpful information on this site. I have learned a great deal from the community and I appreciate your time and effort in educating and sharing. It seems that I suffer from a condition called SRAS (Straight Razor Acquisition Syndrome). That brings me to my question. Does anyone have experience in frameback razors with removable blades. I picked up a French Depose' (see Pic) with a removable blade that needs some attention. This razor will eventually go into my rotation. The release lever is broken in half and I'm going to make a new one from some spring steel that I have. What I would really like is to get a new blade or two made for it. The original has a frown or maybe it's a smirk, that I will fix. Does anyone know of someone that could make these type blades or that sells vintage razor parts? I've searched and found shops that make straight razors and that sell all of the common parts, but not these sort of items. Thank you.

Attachments

• French Depose.jpg
    French Depose.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
Top Bottom