What's new

Help with fragrances for my lady

I am researching for my wife, who isn't too interested in searching on the computer for perfumes, and doesn't know yet that I'm looking for her. I've enjoyed discovering and learning about fragrances that I am enjoying that I wouldn't have discovered without B&B (thanks B&B!).

So, what are the "fav" fragrances that your ladies like, or that you ladies like, I know there are a few of you here. I'd like to share this with my wife, and would like to get educated to share this with her. I'm not pushy, and she won't be offended by my interest in this.

Any and all help will be most appreciated! If you want to describe them, that would be great, but even a list of fragrance names will be great as we can always check basenotes and other sites for descriptions as we start checking them out. She likes a variety of scents, so don't "screen" them for her or assume she won't like them.

Thanks!

:cool:

My wife's favorites -

Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue

Floris Fleur

Floris Stephanotis

Chanel No. 5

Coty Sand & Sable

Penhaligon's Artemisia

Penhaligon's Ellenisia

Robert Piguet's Bandit

Robert Piguet's Frantic

Coty Muguet Des Bois

My girl enjoys:

Pens Artemesia
Pens Violetta
Coco Chanel
Chanel 5
Guerlain L'Instant
SMN Melegrano
SMN Vaniglia
SMN Citta di Kyoto
Fragonard Soleil

And there are several more that escapes me.

Good luck! I tried involving my wife, to no avail. I got her some Guerlain Shalimar as a surprise, but it did not go over well. She prefers "tweeny" or "girly" fragrances such as Avon Petal, Yves Rocher Ming Shu, and Jessica McClintock. I don't mean to denigrate those fragrances, they are nice albeit not all that exciting. They seem geared towards the younger crowd.

Oh well, if she likes it, she can wear it. She doesn't complain about my choices (at least to my face).

Thanks for your help Gents. She has, and likes, Chanel 5 and Coco, but I haven't heard of most of the others that you've listed, so I think we're on the right track. This is going to be very helpful! We just received the Floris sampler that I ordered, and over half of the 18 (15 + 3 extra) samples are ladies scents, and I see one of those on your lists.

Penhaligons makes some wonderful and very distinctive ladies' scents.

They also have terrific packaging - you can get a sampler for her - they have a box of several vials or a really nice set of 4 fragrances in miniature bottles in a very nice presentation set.

Penhaligons makes some wonderful and very distinctive ladies' scents.

They also have terrific packaging - you can get a sampler for her - they have a box of several vials or a really nice set of 4 fragrances in miniature bottles in a very nice presentation set.

Thanks Chris. I will find that and order it for her!

Chanel 19 is nice too. My wife also likes Tom Ford Black Orchid, C&S Dark Rose, Creed Love in Black and an Etro--I forget which, but I think it's Ambra.

If I may suggest, log on to The Perfumed Court. There you can review fragrances by note, by house, in a variety of ways. And then you might order samples; they are having a sale at the moment. You and your wife may enjoy sampling and discussing them as part of your education. My wife and I do that, and it is fun. And, it is better to sample before you buy a bottle. Alternatively, spend a couple sessions at a mall in a department store that has a selection. And/or it L'Occitane, The Body Shop, and the like. Good luck, John

I am researching for my wife, who isn't too interested in searching on the computer for perfumes, and doesn't know yet that I'm looking for her. I've enjoyed discovering and learning about fragrances that I am enjoying that I wouldn't have discovered without B&B (thanks B&B!).

So, what are the "fav" fragrances that your ladies like, or that you ladies like, I know there are a few of you here. I'd like to share this with my wife, and would like to get educated to share this with her. I'm not pushy, and she won't be offended by my interest in this.

Any and all help will be most appreciated! If you want to describe them, that would be great, but even a list of fragrance names will be great as we can always check basenotes and other sites for descriptions as we start checking them out. She likes a variety of scents, so don't "screen" them for her or assume she won't like them.

Thanks!

Two words

"TABAC BLONDE"

Thanks again to each one of you for your great ideas and suggestions - scents, web sites, etc. I will be very surprised if there aren't many more posts before this thread comes to an end. I look forward to reading all of your suggestions and sharing with my wife. And I really hope many more of you get some benefit out of this thread! I've always worn fragrances, but haven't gone too far out of my way to discover new ones, and now that my curiosity is piqued, I look forward to sharing this part of this experience with my wife. Thanks again, all. You folks are awesome!

Top Bottom