What's new

Help with discoloration on neck

I have been wet shaving for about a month now, and my issue with ingrown hairs has improved immensely due to the useful advice and information I have received from B&B and it's members (thanks!)
With the improvement I have noticed that there are some patches of dark discolored skin on my neck area which were caused from my previous shaving routine. The discolored areas also have a scaly texture. I have been exfoliating the area and applying JR Watkins lotion the last few days to try to repair the damaged areas, but decided to check here to get some advice since I received great advice in the past. Thanks in advice.

I'm no expert, but try stopping shaving for a bit. Even if you use a DE, it still irritates the skin. Having said that it's a hard habit to break :S

It's not irritation, It's more like scar tissue or dead skin left over from years of using various shaving methods. Since I started to use a DE razor, the ingrown hairs have subsided and I'm just trying to get these area back to my normal skin complexion.

This is a complaint I can't recall having seen on the forums. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'd honestly suggest contacting a dermatologist.

Top Bottom