What's new

Help With Choosing Coffee

I am about to place another order from sweet marias.

Any recommendations on coffee that I should try? I was thinking about the Ethiopian, Brazilian, and Colombian? I am currently using a blend called basaltic bourbon.

I prefer a FC+ and I usually only have espresso extractions. Your opinions are greatly valued.

Also any input on the cupping scores and flavor descriptions would be great.

Are you reoasting your own beans. If so Sweet Maria's is a good choice. For already roasted beans I highly recommend Stumptown Coffees. Just outstanding. Any of the Ethiopians are fabulous at Stumptown. Good luck.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'd check Scotto's blog. I'll admit to never reading it
because I don't understand it
but he's probably tried everything they sell, and figured out how to finagle and coerce every last bit out of them.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with his blog. In fact, I've been cut off for legal purposes. :lol:

Pretty much everything that Tom sells is top quality. I actually have a box in flight from him at the moment, like I need more coffee :blush:

Tom has a liking for bright coffees roasted lightly (me too), so take his commentary in that light. For espresso extraction, don't miss the Uganda Bugisu, which is one of my favorite blenders and is also excellent as SO espresso. Also, the pulp natural coffees are often excellent as espresso. Lastly, if you like a really fruity cup, any of the dry processed Ethiopians will serve you well.

Good luck!

Pretty much everything that Tom sells is top quality. I actually have a box in flight from him at the moment, like I need more coffee :blush:

Tom has a liking for bright coffees roasted lightly (me too), so take his commentary in that light. For espresso extraction, don't miss the Uganda Bugisu, which is one of my favorite blenders and is also excellent as SO espresso. Also, the pulp natural coffees are often excellent as espresso. Lastly, if you like a really fruity cup, any of the dry processed Ethiopians will serve you well.

Good luck!

Im not big on bright coffee at least I dont think, who is Tom BTW?

Of the beans I have bought from Sweet Maria's I have favored the Indonesian ones the most (can't remember the name).

But my all time green bean fav is from Kona King Coffee on the Big Island of HI.

You can find it at konakingcoffee.net

While I haven't had any of Sweet Maria's coffees I have had coffee in Kenya. It was very good. I'd suggest that for starters. Also had turkish coffee while I was there. Small cup, very strong, very thick, like drinking mud.

The two Rwanda CoE's were excellent. I also noticed he's got some new Kenya Peaberry lots in this week. I also love that short lot of Guatemala that was only available in 2lb bags.

Top Bottom