What's new

Help with Cella

OK, is there some magical secret to using Cella? I can't seem to find the right ratio of water/soap. I've tried both bowl and face lather and I keep ending up thin and it dissipates almost instantly. I've heard a lot of people extoll the performance of Cella, but I'm finding it frustrating that I have to keep restarting my lather. Any advice would be appreciated

I've been very pleased with the "Marco Method" as can be found on this site.
To sum up, soak your brush well, just let it drip a little rather than shake it, and really load -- say 120 swirls.

I recently finished 3017ing a tub of Cella. I used the Marco Method with a pro 49 Omega boar.

1.Soak but don't shake or squeeze any water out.

2. Load it until the suds coming off the tub look halfway usable.

3. Face lather and add more water as necessary. I usually still had to add a little.

I usually load the soap/croap with a damp brush (soaked then squeezed gently to remove some water). Load the brush until the suds forming on the brush and tub look creamy. If it looks foamy keep loading. Once you get to the creamy stage begin to face lather adding small amounts of water at a time until you end up with a thick, rich, cushiony, slick lather.

I dunno.... When in doubt, use less water loading the brush. Cella loads pretty easy. Make sure your face is very wet and proceed to face lather. If the lather is too pasty, add water to the brush. Quite simple really.

Sounds like you need to repeat the mantra : use more product! Seriously, load your brush like it was your last shave and see how it goes.

as above, load lots of product. add water as you go. experiment with various ratios.
you will ultimately end up with a great ratio and lather.

proxy.php

If your lather is too thin, easy solution. There are only two components, soap and water, so use less water or more soap. Enjoy.

I like to use a dry brush and load Cella til it is literally gumming up my brush. It starts to look like Elmer's glue. once I get to that stage I add a little water and it is a pretty solid performer. You will here this a lot (and the opposite), but I am firmly in the more product and less water camp.

I dunno.... When in doubt, use less water loading the brush. Cella loads pretty easy. Make sure your face is very wet and proceed to face lather. If the lather is too pasty, add water to the brush. Quite simple really.

+1. Remember - you can always add water, but you can't take it out.

Top Bottom