What's new

help with blades!

I'm pretty lost with the number of different formats for single edge blades. I bought a Above the Tie aluminum single edge razor a while back, SE1, along with some Kai Pink and also some Feather Super Pro blades, both 'Artist Club' style blades. I've also bought a used 'Lady Schick' razor that holds 'injector' style blades. I've also bought a vintage GEM that holds 'gem' style blades. Anyways, I've read that Schick Prolines were a good choice of AC blade in my ATT SE1. I ordered the pictured box of Proline's and waited a month for them to get to Canada on the slow boat from England. They don't fit my SE1. So, although there is no key on the box of blades to load my injector Schick, I was able to push a blade into the Lady Schick. It fits, but it doesn't shave. I lathered up, tried first pass, and thought this is either the mildest shave ever, or its not shaving at all. Rinse off. It was the latter. So two questions: what razor holds these Schick blades, and how do I ide
IMG_20190311_163451.jpg
ntify the Schick Prolines that would fit my AC style SE1? If I can figure out what to order I'll wait another month for them to arrive and try again. IMG_20190311_163451.jpg

Schick Proline "P" 20 or 30 are the Artist Club blades.

Schick Proline "B" 20 are injector blades.

Putting a Proline B in an injector cartridge with a key first will make it easier to load. And you have to make sure the blade edge doesn't drag against the blade stops while loading, it will instantly dull the blade.

If you tried to load a blade without using a proper injector magazine with a key, you probably buggered the blade against the blade stops. That would completely blunt it, and it wouldn't shave. Get an injector of the Schick blades and use them. When they are gone, load tup the injector with your Proline blades and use it to inject your blades into the razor.

Thank you! I was just wondering how to get the Proline B's into the other cartridge with the key. I will do as you say and finish the blades in the keyed cartridge first. I've got Schick 'P's on the way from Connought for my ATTSE1.

Thank you! I was just wondering how to get the Proline B's into the other cartridge with the key. I will do as you say and finish the blades in the keyed cartridge first. I've got Schick 'P's on the way from Connought for my ATTSE1.

Just use a toothpick to press down on the spring in the injector that presses the blades upwards, then slide each blade into the injector, one at a time, with the sharp edge of the blade away from the key.

Be careful not to cut yourself.

Just use a toothpick to press down on the spring in the injector that presses the blades upwards, then slide each blade into the injector, one at a time, with the sharp edge of the blade away from the key.

You read my mind. I was too embarrassed to ask how to do that! Thank you.

Top Bottom