What's new

Help! Where’s my local BBA chapter?

Hi, my name’s Rick, and I’m an addict. I’ve been clean now for almost 12 hours. I hope that joining Blade Buyers Anonymous will help me stay clean.

I realized I have an addiction last night when I bought a nice Puma for $40 shipped, that I absolutely didn’t need, simply because it was – well – a vintage Puma for $40 shipped.

I’m just getting back into SR’s and have suddenly lost control. I’ve bought over a dozen razors in the last month. Most were just too good a deal to pass up. I’ve had a great time polishing blades. I’ve successfully re-pinned my first razor. But, I’ve started hiding razors behind the box of old photos in my closet. I’ve spent hours researching the benefits of MAAS versus Flitz. I’ve had to lie about the empty Ebay envelopes my wife found in the trash.

Is it too late? Is it possible for me to go straight? Can anybody help me???

You don't want to go to a BBA meeting. Things only get worse when we gather. You hear about everybody's favorite soap, brushes, bowls, razors, etc. and then you just have to have it too.

You don't want to go to a BBA meeting. Things only get worse when we gather. You hear about everybody's favorite soap, brushes, bowls, razors, etc. and then you just have to have it too.

I'm discovering that. I went to the Dollar Tree to get candy and wound up leaving with 6 trial packs of The Art Of Shaving creams and soap. There is no escape.

You’ll find little support around B&B!

Is MAAS really that much better than Flitz?!

I've gone a day without buying anything, though I did spend most of the evening polishing an old German Berninghaus. One day at a time.

I got Maas because it seemed to get more recommendations. Used it for the first time today and I'm very pleased. Flitz may be great, just have no experience.

Best.

Is it too late? Is it possible for me to go straight? Can anybody help me???

I’ve had several acquisition disorders so I know this kind of behaviour can indeed become problematic.

On the other hand don’t dramatise this as long as you don’t spend money you cannot spare.

Probably, as happened with me in several hobbies that required acquisitions of stuff, you’ll wake up one day and just stop buying.

That being said, razors and related gear are relatively cheap. I’m into watches these days ... way more expensive ‘addiction’ [emoji6]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

... and one more thing, a good way to start is avoiding enablers i.e. stay away from this place [emoji2371]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sir, with all due respect: This is B+B!!

Our standard answer is, “Buy both!!” The back up answer is, “Buy all three!” :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

Wow an addict after only a month on B&B. Take heart, in addition to razors there are brushes, aftershaves, etc.

Top Bottom