What's new

Help Vintage Gillette replacing end cap

Well I dropped my birth year BB in the sink tonight and the end cap popped off. To top it off it went down the drain. I played plumber and checked the trap no cap. It looks to be the same size as my other Gillette razors. I know there were soldered on. So I am guessing I can heat up a sacrificial razor and rob it’s cap.

My main question is after I get a cap off what would be the best way to reattach. I am sloppy as hell with a solder iron. Is there a recommend adhesive or epoxy to get that sucker back on
Any advise would help
Thanks All

You may not want to tackle that yourself and send it to Captain Murphy.. An option.

I agree. It's your birth year razor and it would be nice to get it done right. I had a similar experience with a Superspeed that I really liked so I sent it to CAP along with a donor razor and he harvested the end cap from the donor and fixed the other one. For me it was well worth the effort and the expense was not too great either.

I agree. It's your birth year razor and it would be nice to get it done right. I had a similar experience with a Superspeed that I really liked so I sent it to CAP along with a donor razor and he harvested the end cap from the donor and fixed the other one. For me it was well worth the effort and the expense was not too great either.

Cap is the best and his prices are more than fair. It’s obvious that the razor means something to you so that makes it even more worth it to get it done by a pro!

If you're not a "has to look like brand new" type of person, knock off the other end cap. I prefer the older classic look of the TTO razors before they had end caps. I think a razor should look its age just like the owner - I want a Susan Sarandon, not a Joan Rivers ;-)

One more vote to send it to Cap to fix the cap! One of the end caps came off while I was cleaning my Milord, and Cap hooked me up. Aside from reattaching the end cap, he cleaned and polished it up real nice.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
A vote for Cap. But also for leaving it as is. I have two aristocrats I found in the wild. Each one is missing an end cap. They are staying like I found them. They shave fine with the missing end cap.

R

romsitsa

What does BB stand for? I thought first Black beauty/Super adjustable, but these don't have endcaps.

Adam

Top Bottom