What's new

Help to decide between feather DX vs SR

I have had and used an Artist Club SS for a couple of years now. I like the razor and the shaves it gives. I am curious about the Artist Club DX. It is more that twice the price and the geometry is different. I also use traditional straights from full hollow to full wedge.

For folks who have experience with both the SS & DX, can you say what you like about each and especially how they shave differently, if at all. I appreciate your input.
After going through this post i come to a conclusion that the DX is a more professional shave with sharper angle of attack
whereas SS is more of deflecting straight to cut down on weepers at the cost of cleaner meaner bbs of course.

Now what do i consider between DX and SR

Sr the brochure says has good improved grip but where is the improved grip needed?
IMG_20210715_153244.jpg

I think I said it in that post, but I tried a pass around DX (maybe RG?) and SS kami. I felt no face difference between the two using the same blades. I couldn't justify the price difference based on performance, because the performance was essentially the same. I assume I'd feel the same about the SR. I think you'd be making a choice based on factors beyond performance.

edit: of course the default B&B answer is to buy both, or all three in this case. :adoration:

Last edited:
I have both DX and SS folders and slightly prefer the DX. However … I am likely to at some point get the SR if only because it adds WiFi to an already great razor.
View attachment 1297206 View attachment 1297205

Same here, but…
at this price, it should at the very least least have Bluetooth before I part with my money.

Seriously; I found the advantages of the Feather AC SS “duckbill” widely overrated and (except for the Scotch Wood version) did not care for the scales.
As the SR seems to fall in between the SS and DX - and I am quite happy using my DX - I do not see any reason at this stage to buy another Feather AC.

B

Last edited:
I have not seen any great real life photos of the new SR, but I half way imagine that it is most like the older discontinued RG model. That it feels/handles/shaves a lot like the DX but differs in that was manufactured using sintered stainless steel or whatever process that was developed to produce the SS. That it has was easier to manufacture than the DX and thus able to sale at a lower price point.

Top Bottom