What's new

Help The Gem Cutlery Co. Project

I have blades like the ones in Guido's pictures, both labeled as double-edge, and as reversible. If you want pictures let me know. As far as razor pictures, I imagine you have more 1912s and G-bar pictures than you know what to do with, but let me know if you don't.

yeah, thats a "side thought". im going to try to do this w/o involving the "other" razors (ER, superior, etc.). its going to be HARD.

I researched gem razors with one of my photo research vendors (I'm a graphic designer) and they came up with this photo......

November 1939. "Street vendor's goods. Waco, Texas." 35mm nitrate negative by Russell Lee for the Farm Security Administration

Here is another Gem Razor photo from back in the day... I got this from the same vendor.....

"Crowd at Ebbets Field. Oct. 5, 1920." In the first game of the 1920 World Series between the Indians and Dodgers, the final score was Cleveland 3, Brooklyn 1. 5x7 glass negative, George Grantham Bain Collection.

Dave,

I was in an antique store today and saw a Gem Blades Voices of Victory record. Like this one:

http://www.mainspringpress.com/gem.html

They're cardboard (or something very similar). The one I saw was in good condition (bright coloring, photos on the back) but probably not playable. Though you can see the grooves. I have no idea if there's an actual recording on it and it had no sleeve/mailer.

I believe she was asking $10 for it.

If you want it for your collection, let me know. I can call her and she'll hold it for me for my next visit (probably a couple or three weeks from now).

brent, thanks a lot for letting me know about that. you can usually find those on ebay; not often, but they come up at least once a month.

if you find a damaskeene clock for $10 you can snatch that up though :wink:

Top Bottom