What's new

Help Taming Through Length

Hello oh face whisker lovers!
I have long maintained a beard but struggle to get it longer. Two questions:

1. Anything you do to promote growth?
2. I have thick, coarse and curly hair. As such, when I hit a certain length, the beard just stops looking good. Any advice? Would prefer something other than a lot of wax.

Do you use beard oil? I find it makes a big difference in the condition and appearance of my beard. They also claim it promotes growth and that may be true to some degree. I rub it into my beard after my evening shower so it soaks in overnight. Currently I using Long Rifle, but Bulldog or Cremo are also good. In the end, your beard is your beard.

Do you use beard oil? I find it makes a big difference in the condition and appearance of my beard. They also claim it promotes growth and that may be true to some degree. I rub it into my beard after my evening shower so it soaks in overnight. Currently I using Long Rifle, but Bulldog or Cremo are also good. In the end, your beard is your beard.
I use Honest Amish after my shower daily, yes. Perhaps I’ll try one of the others mentioned.

Could try a beard balm. I had used the reuzel balm in days past when I(unsuccessfully) tried the beard route. Not quite like a wax/pomade, it's a lot thinner and works in real well. I do recall it smelled kind of like urinal cake to me, though it was still nice.
Worth a shot the try a balm instead of oil.

Hello oh face whisker lovers!
I have long maintained a beard but struggle to get it longer. Two questions:

1. Anything you do to promote growth?
2. I have thick, coarse and curly hair. As such, when I hit a certain length, the beard just stops looking good. Any advice? Would prefer something other than a lot of wax.
I just started a beard the day after Thanksgiving. I too have a curly beard. The beard and my hair are pure white so with the curls it looks like a white halo around my face. Picture some of the movies with Donald Sutherland with a bigger beard. I found that after toweling somewhat dry and adding oil, using a bristle brush and a hairdryer is a game changer. I'm pretty happy with the results. After a fairly short while it seemed my beard was trained to grow down and much straighter with some waves but halo effect is gone. Just a thought.

I just started a beard the day after Thanksgiving. I too have a curly beard. The beard and my hair are pure white so with the curls it looks like a white halo around my face. Picture some of the movies with Donald Sutherland with a bigger beard. I found that after toweling somewhat dry and adding oil, using a bristle brush and a hairdryer is a game changer. I'm pretty happy with the results. After a fairly short while it seemed my beard was trained to grow down and much straighter with some waves but halo effect is gone. Just a thought.
Did you get any sort of specific hairdryer?

Every five years or so I try a full beard. I keep a goatee and moustache year round but I get the urge to see how well it'll grow. I made it 6 weeks this time before I trimmed it up yesterday. It's still a full beard for right now but shorter and clean. No matter what I did with waxes and balms, it just looked too unkempt for my tastes- especially the moustache area. It was right in that spot where it was too long to comb down and not long enough to wax well to go to the sides. That was the deal breaker for me.

Top Bottom