What's new

Help sourcing razor

HI All,
I was given a box of stuff by my father. It had an old straight razor that my grandfather used to use.

The box is hard to read but I can see "Genco" which appears to be the "Geneva Cultery Corp" Geneva, NY.

The razor inside the box doesn't say the same thing though. It say's "Krank's" and also says "made in Germany for Alfred J Krank". I can't find much information about krank's except that it probably is from St. Paul because that's what the razor says. The razor also says 'STUB' on it. Which is probably some sort of model.

I'm wondering if this razor wasn't actually bought by my grandfather but given to him by his father. My grandfather never lived in NY State nor did he live in St. Paul. He lived most of his life in Illinois and Florida.

Thank you to all that can help.

HI All,
I was given a box of stuff by my father. It had an old straight razor that my grandfather used to use.

The box is hard to read but I can see "Genco" which appears to be the "Geneva Cultery Corp" Geneva, NY.

The razor inside the box doesn't say the same thing though. It say's "Krank's" and also says "made in Germany for Alfred J Krank". I can't find much information about krank's except that it probably is from St. Paul because that's what the razor says. The razor also says 'STUB' on it. Which is probably some sort of model.

I'm wondering if this razor wasn't actually bought by my grandfather but given to him by his father. My grandfather never lived in NY State nor did he live in St. Paul. He lived most of his life in Illinois and Florida.

Thank you to all that can help.

Alfred J. Krank seems to be a SR/Shavette importer/seller. I have seen many from the Shumate co. in St. Louis. I have found a couple of different brands of razors, with Krank listed on them, as well as bottles of hair root oil.
KRANK_HRO.jpg

CHAPTER 363 - STATE OF DELAWARE - EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT PROCLAMATION

Seems they lost their incorporation status in 1944. Just quick read of above, didn't read/understand all the legalese.

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A lot of razors were made in Germany for various US stores, hardware stores, etc. It was most likely bought here in the US but just mfg. in Germany.

Top Bottom