What's new

HELP! Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic Injector

G'day B&B,

I need your help, please, because I've never owned a Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic Injector and no knowledge or experience about these type of razors.

I have two different types of injector blades a Personna PTFE Coated Key Injector and the Schick Proline B-20 without the key injector. I'm told to hunt down the Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic Injector, because, they've told me that I can manually load the blade by hand without any issue.

However, I'm completely confused and totally lost. How do I remove the base plate before I added the injector blade into the Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic Injector see pictures below?

Thank you.

You will need an injector magazine, preferably empty, so as to manually load by hand blade by blade into the injector magazine. You can then use the magazine to slide in a new blade and knock out the blank. If you can somehow remove the blank WITHOUT damaging the razor then:

The base plate cannot be removed when I release the lever if you look at the first and last picture I can see two pins went through the base plate which cannot be removed. I'm not 100% sure if this is a dummy display injector razor.

It's not a "base plate". It is either a used blade or a factory blunt blank. Regardless, you need a magazine it appears.

I like the Personna blades for daily shaving as well so load the container once every few months. You will need a Schick metal container with the key sticking out the side. Make sure someone has used or removed some blades to make room for the proceedure.

I made a little tool out of a paper clip that sits in my desk for this purpose, but a flathead screwdriver would do as well. You push down on the blade that is in the magazine already (or the spring underneath) and then slide the blade in. Make sure you do not hit the blade edge against the magazine on the way in or you will dull the blade. Make sure it is all the way in by making sure you can push it down freely, and you are ready for the next. If you worry about using your fingers, needle nosed pliers will be your friend. I usually take my time, but after about 20 minutes I'm ready for another few months.

When you insert the key you can push the old blade out with the new blade. The idea is that you don't have to handle the blades. That razor is the real deal.

Problem solved, Thank you.... Thank you and Thank you.

Have a great Christmas all and a Happy New for 2020.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom