What's new

Help plz! Any info on this razor of my late grandpa would be appreciated.

it says “manufactured by wade & butcher Sheffield “ on the small part of the blade then has some Chinese or Japanese writing on the blade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 45
wade and butcher is a great blade, it's older than 1892 since it does not have a country of origin, i've never seen japanese writing on a blade like this? does that mean it's rare, or someone had it etched at some point? great razor to have inherited!!

wade and butcher is a great blade, it's older than 1892 since it does not have a country of origin, i've never seen japanese writing on a blade like this? does that mean it's rare, or someone had it etched at some point? great razor to have inherited!!
Thanks a lot. Any info is greatly appreciated bc I know nothing about it. I found it to be incredibly cool and just wanted to find out as much as I could about it.

Europe and America, both went through an all things Asian are cool phase back in the 1800's. It is possible that this was made for the Asian market, but more likely it was made because it was in style back in that time.
Congratulations on the family straight! Not everyone is so lucky to have an heirloom, this one is very nice.

Europe and America, both went through an all things Asian are cool phase back in the 1800's. It is possible that this was made for the Asian market, but more likely it was made because it was in style back in that time.
Congratulations on the family straight! Not everyone is so lucky to have an heirloom, this one is very nice.
Exactly my thoughts Matt.

Top Bottom