What's new

Help, please. Birthyear Razor 1981

Hi Gents.
Since I turn 40 this October, I was looking for a birthyear razor.
Soon I realised thats not that easy. The obvious thing to do was looking for a Gillette B4. Turns out the only razor in production at the time was the Super Adjustable 109 PD. But, me living in Europe finding one is quite hard, it seems. I have to admit that I'm out of my depth here. I was never really into older razor, and don't have a clou what to look out for.
Making it eaven harder for myself, I have to say, that I'm not a big fan of adjustabel razors. A 3 piece sb from 81 would be perfect.
But I woudn't even know where to start looking for one, or wich one to be honest.
Can anyone help me please?

There are four 1981 models, but most of them are pretty hard to find. Super Adjustable.
Super Speed with the black handle
Plastic handle TTO with a greenish handle. Sold as G1000, G2000 and other names.
And finally there are English made B code all metal Techs but they were not sold in Europe and the US but only in Asian countries Birth Year Tech? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/birth-year-tech.586299/
That is so helpfull. Thank you very, very much. Now I have a starting point.

Hi Gents.
Since I turn 40 this October, I was looking for a birthyear razor.
Soon I realised thats not that easy. The obvious thing to do was looking for a Gillette B4. Turns out the only razor in production at the time was the Super Adjustable 109 PD. But, me living in Europe finding one is quite hard, it seems. I have to admit that I'm out of my depth here. I was never really into older razor, and don't have a clou what to look out for.
Making it eaven harder for myself, I have to say, that I'm not a big fan of adjustabel razors. A 3 piece sb from 81 would be perfect.
But I woudn't even know where to start looking for one, or wich one to be honest.
Can anyone help me please?

You could look for the birth year of a parent or grandparent.

Don't drag the guy into the rabbit hole. In a couple of weeks he'll have 10 vintage razors and will start with the stainless steel modern ones that cost $100. :lol:

Much too late for that, I pretty much have the whole lot, from Blackbird to PAA Ascention (+30 ss alone). It's only the Vintage razors I did never really care for. I have one travel Tech N1 made in Germany. Thats it for now.

From my experience, the newer the Gillette razor, the lesser the quality. I have a 72 black handled super speed that doesn’t seem to hold the blade as good as the 65, 56, and 40’s I own. It also feels flimsier and oddly weighted in the hand. Just my experience of course, just wanted to share it.

Top Bottom