What's new

Help Picking a New Razor

I am really torn on what razor to purchase. I narrowed it down (kind of) to:
  • Schone OC
  • Fatip piccolo or special edition version once it is more readily available
  • PAA bakelite OC Slant
  • Razoroc sloc or yaqi equivalent
  • Try my luck to find a used slim, variant, or progress (maybe a futur) on ebay.
I have the ej89 and super speed ‘64. I find I get alightly closer shaves with the gillette. I still need to tey new blades. I only have Astra SP right now. My favial hair is not that thick but I am getting irritation on my neck even with no ATG pass. I think my technique is improving since I have been wet shaving for 3 years. I also have sensitive skin.
It is my understanding that these are all more aggressive than what I own. My concern is that theae razors will give me even worst razor irritation on my neck. My hope is I can clear the stubble with less passes.

And no I cannot buy them all for science purposes.

Last edited:
I suggest getting a slant over a fatip piccolo. From the extensive research I've done, a slant can do the same job as the piccolo minus the drama and aggression.

Very different design and both are said to be faithful reproductions. I’ve heard the Bakelite are

What’s neat is they are so different. The Alpha Ecliptic does not twist the blade so that may be my first choice if you only want one. At $19 each you could get both.
You forgot to tell him $19 only applies to Americans. Outside of US is another matter....

Top Bottom