What's new

Help on oster 97 blades

I've had a look and they're all really confusing as I just know them by the numbers and not the technical length of hair! If anyone can help me that would be great as I want to purchase all the oster 97 clippers as an upgrade from using Wahl super tapers for my whole career so far, I'm a little confused as to clippers grades though and wonder if anyone can help me out?
I'm looking to find out what the equivalent blades are to achieve the Wahl no.1,2&3 in the oster metal blades ! Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is in the wrong thread, this my first post here.

The Classic 97 is the 220 -230 volt version of the Classic 76 , pretty much the same except for lubrication. Any blades / guards the Classic 76 can use the 97 can also use... notice the "size" # indicates length the blade leaves the hair ..
oster.png
oster-blades.png
osternn.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This would seem to cost a small fortune.... I've been cutting my hair myself since about 1990 exclusively, until I paid for a haircut from a gent uptown for my son's wedding. He was good. Really good, as I'm a licensed Cosmetologist that had to teach myself how to use clippers, as when I was first licensed it was illegal to charge money to cut men's hair, and VERY few women were getting clipper cuts. So once it became legal I had to teach myself.

Not long after that, a friend went to barber college, and he started using "attachments!" I was floored, and I think at least half of the barbers do that now. I just always used a comb and ran the electric clippers over that. Just like barbers did in the 60's when I was little. It's a lot like sculpture. Or whatever it is they call pruning evergreen shrubs, lol. Oh yeah: topiary maybe?

So if the original poster, @tctech is reading this, please tell me you aren't considering buying MULTIPLE clippers for cutting hair! You'll be cutting hair a year to pay off clippers that run off 210/220 volts I would imagine.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Because my budget wasn't unlimited, I chose to go with the Magic Clips, and I ordered the premium guards.

I too agree, if your really wanting to go with the industry classic, and get the Oster 76, your going to need a higher budget to afford the expensive blade costs.

Many people love the Osters from what I can gather, no doubt it would be a good buy if you can afford it though.

Top Bottom