What's new

Help on Baxter of California Tonic

has anyone ever used this? i’d love to know how much alcohol and menthol is in it as compared to proraso green or aquavelva.

i’ve searched everywhere but can’t seem to find info.

thanks bros!

I have the balm, but not this tonic. I didn't even know it existed. FWIW, the balm is very nice, and is lightly mentholated, I'd say about on par with Proraso Green.

Hey thanks for the response! I was asking about the tonic bc they market is as a pre and post shave product which is strange as it has menthol and alcohol listed in the first few ingredients.

Balm sounds good tho. I’ll give it a shot when fall comes around.

No idea of the %'s of alcohol and menthol by volume but there is zero sting when spritzing it on post shave and the menthol cooling is mild/moderate. Just very soothing.

^ that’s what I’m looking for, certainly not % by volume although that would be impressive. Thanks for info.

I just bought it. On the bottle I didn't find the mentioning of alcohol. I use it as aftershave tonic and I do not feel any "biting"feeling of alcohol on the skin.

Attachments

• Tonic.jpg
    Tonic.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 8
I just found on their website the ingredients:
AQUA / WATER, ALCOHOL DENAT, POLYSORBATE 20, MENTHOL, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, EUCALYPTUS GLOBULUS LEAF OIL, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM EDTA, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, CAMPHOR, ISOHEXADECANE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF OIL / ROSEMARY LEAF OIL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, POLYSORBATE 60, LIMONENE, CETEARETH-20, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, STEARETH-100, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, MENTHA VIRIDIS LEAF OIL / SPEARMINT LEAF OIL, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5, CI 42090 / BLUE 1, TOCOPHEROLir

So indeed there is alcohol in it.

I still have a few (2-3?) bottles in the original "Hot Towel Solution" label. I don't recall them having the ingredients on there either, but I will check if anyone is interested.

Just started using it and haven't experienced any of the sting/burn usually associated with alcohol. Find using the sprayer a little awkward.

Top Bottom