What's new

Help needed

Hi guys, please someone help me clarify a few things with notorious POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM...I know I know another thread about them but please bear with me here, and please don't hate me for a bit of a long post :)

So for past few years I kinda settled for Polsilver Super Iridium blades, the ones in BLUE boxes, 5 pcs/tuck, I was buying from ebay seller in Bulgaria for aprox 20€ delivered for 100 blades
Now this same seller is still cheapest one but the price is 50€ delivered for 100 blades!!!!

BUT!!!

When I go on ebay and type in POLSILVER and I mean just this word I get a lot of offerings for WIZAMET SUPER IRIDIUM, box is bright blue with silver lines, 10 blades in tuck
I must also mention that offerings for POLSILVER SI are greatly reduced, there was abundance of sellers offering those blades in almost unlimited quanitites, now mostly in sampler packs

In the past I used Wizamet SI but they were in brown tucks 10blades/tuck

So the search on the forum did not yield any results at least not enough to clarify my confusion so here are my questions

1.) Any information about this beeing another "discontinued" ruse in order to drive up the prices and make us stockpile?
2.) Are Wizamet SI in blue and brown box the same blade? If not, what is the difference?
3.) Is there any noticable difference between Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI (blue box)? Reading around the forum I got the feeling it is the same blade...
4.) Because Polsilvers are so shady I am searching for new favourite blade, please post suggestions for similar blades

Last edited:
TIP: Search the forum using google, you will get better results. Your questions have been discussed over and over again.
Use search terms:
"polsilver discontinued wizamet site:badgerandblade.com"

TIP: Don't use a vague title like "Help needed". Most people will just ignore your post.

TIP: Try to be concise in your question. Most people will just ignore a wall of text.

I don't have any info on the difference between the 2 blades, however I use the Polsilvers and like them very much, for an alternate blade try the Gillette Silver Blue, they surpassed the PS as my favorite blades. of course YMMV!!

TIP: Search the forum using google, you will get better results. Your questions have been discussed over and over again.
Use search terms:
"polsilver discontinued wizamet site:badgerandblade.com"

TIP: Don't use a vague title like "Help needed". Most people will just ignore your post.

TIP: Try to be concise in your question. Most people will just ignore a wall of text.

TIP: answer the question

I did. Other people did. Many times. Months ago.

TIP: Buy Gillette Silver Blue or Gillette Platinum or Personna Med Prep.

TIP: Don't be a smart-***

You failed to answer every single one of my 3 questions, you only provided tip of basic google knowledge that I used BEFORE posting here, and your tip would be helpful for just 1st question,when I called you out on not answering questions you labeled me for smart***, but hey who am I to judge

Thank you for the list of your favourite blades though but sadly not one of those blades work for me in a similar way as Polsilver SI

1. Would not use the word discontinued. It ended it's production run, they may make more in the future.
2. I don't think I've ever seen Wizamet SI's in a brown tuck only the Polsilver stainless back around 2011. They must be vintage if they're brown.
3. I I've used both and they are near identical blades but I thought the Wizamet's were ever so slightly smoother.
4. buy a sampler pack from Razor Blades Club would be your best bet or try a blade website.

1. Would not use the word discontinued. It ended it's production run, they may make more in the future.
2. I don't think I've ever seen Wizamet SI's in a brown tuck only the Polsilver stainless back around 2011. They must be vintage if they're brown.
3. I I've used both and they are near identical blades but I thought the Wizamet's were ever so slightly smoother.
4. buy a sampler pack from Razor Blades Club would be your best bet or try a blade website.
Thank you for your answers

Soooooo regarding Polsilver SI...this time really is over huh? Seen like 3-4 "discontinued" periods but they were all fake, not even end of production run...I will miss them when my stock dries up eventually

Thank you for your answers

Soooooo regarding Polsilver SI...this time really is over huh? Seen like 3-4 "discontinued" periods but they were all fake, not even end of production run...I will miss them when my stock dries up eventually
I don’t think they are over.

Brown Wizamets = old Polish blades, different than modern (blue) Wizamets. Different blade, only the name is shared.

Blue Wizamets = Polsilvers. Exact same blade, different wrapper and ink. These are made by Gillette in Russia, in the same factory that makes Polsilvers (and Silver Blues, and many other blades).

Blue Wizamets are a great deal right now, $0.14 if you buy in bulk. No reason to be driven off by the prices. This is the lowest they have been in a very long time. There's obviously a glut.

Polsilvers are not worth one millionth of a cent more than blue Wizamets, because they are the same blade.

Silver Blues are a logical alternative to Wizamets/Polsilvers, if you want to get into something else. They are similar to Polsilvers. I think they're a bit sharper (and less smooth), some say Polsilvers are sharper (and less smooth). The lack of consensus should tell you how similar these blades are.

Silver Blues and Wizamets are generally similarly priced, around $0.12-$0.15 per blade as of lately (as recently as 2 months ago it was more like $0.16 for Silver Blue and $0.20 for Wizamets). Polsilvers are more expensive than both, for reasons no one truly understands, since they are the same as Wizamets. It could be price gouging by gray market eBayers aware of (or starting) the rumors of Polsilver's demise, or could just be that Wizamets seem to be in endless bulk supply in Morocco, from whence they all appear to originate. It's as if a gigantic supply of them "fell off a truck" on some Moroccan back road and now there are people unloading them at dirt cheap prices relative to Polsilvers. They are a much better deal, and the 10 blade tucks are cooler.

Last edited:
...Polsilvers are not worth one millionth of a cent more than blue Wizamets, because they are the same blade...

...Silver Blues are a logical alternative to Wizamets/Polsilvers, if you want to get into something else...

...Wizamets seem to be in endless bulk supply in Morocco, from whence they all appear to originate. It's as if a gigantic supply of them "fell off a truck" on some Moroccan back road and now there are people unloading them at dirt cheap prices relative to Polsilvers...
I'm one of those people that liked the Wizamet/Polsilver but switched to GSB because of all the annoying drama. I'd just like a good shave at a fair price.

I'm still confused what is really going on -- the Polsilver was supposed to be a rebranding of the Wizamet and that took place awhile back. Meaning Wizamets should be phased out now. So why are Wizamets reappearing? Are these Moroccan blades recently manufactured? Is this a distribution thing, or are these Wizamet blades NOS? I'm reluctant to trust anybody selling out of Morocco. Recently, there are Ebay sellers in France, maybe the same ones? Seems shady.

Last edited:
To Tostig: Thank you for clarifying, I found a lot of discussions if those two blades are the same but none had a definite conclusion.

To Atlantic95: I am also looking for alternative since there is just to much drama as you said. And just like you I found those Moroccan adds shady. Also did you notice difference in colours of tucks from Moroccan and French sellers? French are more powerful, and Moroccan seem a bit faded. Not sure if just camera or something else...

So about GSB, somewhere here I read they are the same as Gillette Bleue Extra. If that is the case I find them less smooth but sharper than Polsilver SI. Also I used 4 tucks and 3 of them had 1 dud blade. I noticed that Wizamets are really cheap right now

Also can somebody explain NEW OLD STOCK? I see it all over the forum and I just don't get it

So about GSB, somewhere here I read they are the same as Gillette Bleue Extra. If that is the case I find them less smooth but sharper than Polsilver SI. Also I used 4 tucks and 3 of them had 1 dud blade. I noticed that Wizamets are really cheap right now

Also can somebody explain NEW OLD STOCK? I see it all over the forum and I just don't get it
NOS means goods that were made a long time ago, but were stored away and unsold, for instance in a shop or warehouse.

It's hard to be sure about whether GSBs are exactly the same as some of the discontinued Gillette lines. I think it's fair to say the intention was some lines would be phased out with the idea that others would take their place.

For what it's worth, these days I'm using mostly GSBs, Nacets, Personna Med Preps and Feathers. Silver Stars, probably the best blade from Lord, are surprisingly great and very inexpensive. If I didn't have more than enough blades already, the Wizamets would be tempting.

Last edited:
NOS means goods that were made a long time ago, but were stored away and unsold, for instance in a shop or warehouse.

It's hard to be sure about whether GSBs are exactly the same as some of the discontinued Gillette lines. I think it's fair to say the intention was some lines would be phased out with the idea that others would take their place.

For what it's worth, these days I'm using mostly GSBs, Nacets, Personna Med Preps and Feathers. Silver Stars, probably the best blade from Lord, are surprisingly great and very inexpensive. If I didn't have more than enough blades already, the Wizamets would be tempting.

What would be your comparison of Silver Stars VS Polsilvers? I really am a fan of Polsilver, they are my measuring stick and because all the drama around them and recent price increase I really need new measuring stick.
I am not a big fan of Personna, didn't find them sharp enough and Feathers gnaw on my face as if I used 1 month old Fusion, Nacets came in mail today and will be tested during the weekend

I'm one of those people that liked the Wizamet/Polsilver but switched to GSB because of all the annoying drama. I'd just like a good shave at a fair price.

I'm still confused what is really going on -- the Polsilver was supposed to be a rebranding of the Wizamet and that took place awhile back. Meaning Wizamets should be phased out now. So why are Wizamets reappearing? Are these Moroccan blades recently manufactured? Is this a distribution thing, or are these Wizamet blades NOS? I'm reluctant to trust anybody selling out of Morocco. Recently, there are Ebay sellers in France, maybe the same ones? Seems shady.

Now we are well into Shrodinger's Cat-level unknowable. I don't think anyone knows the answer to this, with the possible exception of some managers at Gillette.

When folks (like me) started getting annoyed at the increasing price of our beloved Polsilvers and discovered Wizamets and that they were much cheaper while being the same blade, we all dove in thinking the Wizamets were NOS and the Polsilvers were an updated marketing design of the Wizamets.

Then We Who Bought Way Too Many Wizamets discovered that some - but not all - Wizamets are NOS. Others are brand new stock, for instance, labeled 2019 in my stash.

It is now clear that Wizamets and Polsilvers are both current (or very near current) production and Wizamets are not a discontinued version of the newer Polsilver.

This should not shock us, since we know Gillette makes many blades for specific markets/regions, which either are not sold in other regions or are rebranded for other regions. It is quite possible (likely, I'd say) that Wizamets are manufactured for the Moroccan market, and Polsilvers are manufacturered for some other market, such as someplace in Eastern Europe. It's even possible that Polsilvers are sold into a market that, for whatever reason, the gray market has had difficulty getting hold of, hence the low volumes and high prices.

I personally have no problem with Wizamets being Morocco-sourced. Far as I can tell, the bulk of Wizamets out there are either sold by 3 different guys in Morocco (Wizashaves, adelacchee-0 on ebay who's actually from Oregon but is definitely reselling the Moroccan blades, and one other) or perhaps others who bought from them and are reselling. Every blade I've bought from them has been a-OK and provided a great shave.

Now we are well into Shrodinger's Cat-level unknowable. I don't think anyone knows the answer to this, with the possible exception of some managers at Gillette...
Thanks for that explanation. I have to admit, I still have a soft spot for the Wizamets. Maybe I will get some later on, though I don't really need more blades. You know how that goes.
:biggrin1:

Now we are well into Shrodinger's Cat-level unknowable. I don't think anyone knows the answer to this, with the possible exception of some managers at Gillette.

When folks (like me) started getting annoyed at the increasing price of our beloved Polsilvers and discovered Wizamets and that they were much cheaper while being the same blade, we all dove in thinking the Wizamets were NOS and the Polsilvers were an updated marketing design of the Wizamets.

Then We Who Bought Way Too Many Wizamets discovered that some - but not all - Wizamets are NOS. Others are brand new stock, for instance, labeled 2019 in my stash.

It is now clear that Wizamets and Polsilvers are both current (or very near current) production and Wizamets are not a discontinued version of the newer Polsilver.

This should not shock us, since we know Gillette makes many blades for specific markets/regions, which either are not sold in other regions or are rebranded for other regions. It is quite possible (likely, I'd say) that Wizamets are manufactured for the Moroccan market, and Polsilvers are manufacturered for some other market, such as someplace in Eastern Europe. It's even possible that Polsilvers are sold into a market that, for whatever reason, the gray market has had difficulty getting hold of, hence the low volumes and high prices.

I personally have no problem with Wizamets being Morocco-sourced. Far as I can tell, the bulk of Wizamets out there are either sold by 3 different guys in Morocco (Wizashaves, adelacchee-0 on ebay who's actually from Oregon but is definitely reselling the Moroccan blades, and one other) or perhaps others who bought from them and are reselling. Every blade I've bought from them has been a-OK and provided a great shave.

‘... well into Shrodinger’s Cat level unknowledge,‘ indeed! :a13:

Thanks for the clarification!!

What would be your comparison of Silver Stars VS Polsilvers? I really am a fan of Polsilver, they are my measuring stick and because all the drama around them and recent price increase I really need new measuring stick.
I am not a big fan of Personna, didn't find them sharp enough and Feathers gnaw on my face as if I used 1 month old Fusion, Nacets came in mail today and will be tested during the weekend
Blade preferences seem very subjective and also depend on the razor used. I would say the Silver Star is similar to the Nacet, very sharp but also smooth. Imagine a slightly less sharp Feather that lasts longer and feels smooth until it wears out. Longevity I am still working out, but perhaps five or six shaves, maybe more.

In your place, I would trial blades such as:
  • Silver Star
  • Perma-Sharp Super
  • Nacet
  • Gillette Silver Blue
  • Gillette Platinum (blue & white pack)
  • Gillette 7 O'clock Platinum (black pack)
  • Gillette 7 O'clock Sharpedge (yellow pack)
  • Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum
  • Racer Super Platinum
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
Hope that is helpful.

Blade preferences seem very subjective and also depend on the razor used. I would say the Silver Star is similar to the Nacet, very sharp but also smooth. Imagine a slightly less sharp Feather that lasts longer and feels smooth until it wears out. Longevity I am still working out, but perhaps five or six shaves, maybe more.

In your place, I would trial blades such as:
  • Silver Star
  • Perma-Sharp Super
  • Nacet
  • Gillette Silver Blue
  • Gillette Platinum (blue & white pack)
  • Gillette 7 O'clock Platinum (black pack)
  • Gillette 7 O'clock Sharpedge (yellow pack)
  • Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum
  • Racer Super Platinum
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
Hope that is helpful.

Good list imho! I would only say that, as a mostly Polsilver user, three of these blades are noticeably sharper than Polsilvers and may be more than @samhain666 is after: Nacet, Perma-Sharp Super, and the Silver Stars. I've never used Racer but the others seem very in-the-ballpark of Polsilver, sharpness wise. Polsilvers are not really a wicked sharp blade (imho) but more of a medium-sharp (imho). I find them "just right" but the Nacets too sharp and the Perma-Sharps about the same as Nacets.

To me, the closest equivalent to a Polsilver for sharpness, smoothness, longevity, blade feel, etc., are Silver Blues, SharpeEdge (yellows), and possibly 7 O'Clock Black. The Gillette Platinums are one step down from Polsilvers and Silver Blues on the sharpness continuum but very comfortable and a nice blade worth trying. Sometimes "sharper" doesn't equal "better". Every time I break out a Platinum I end up thinking "now that was a damn nice shave". But I'm not a cutting-power junkie; I'm more comfort oriented.

As noted, blades are extremely subjective and all ya can really do is try a bunch out until one or a few feel really right. For me, Polsilvers (and therefore Wizamets) hit that perfect sweet spot like no other blade can, but everyone has their own equivalent of that.

Good list imho! I would only say that, as a mostly Polsilver user, three of these blades are noticeably sharper than Polsilvers and may be more than @samhain666 is after: Nacet, Perma-Sharp Super, and the Silver Stars. I've never used Racer but the others seem very in-the-ballpark of Polsilver, sharpness wise. Polsilvers are not really a wicked sharp blade (imho) but more of a medium-sharp (imho). I find them "just right" but the Nacets too sharp and the Perma-Sharps about the same as Nacets.

To me, the closest equivalent to a Polsilver for sharpness, smoothness, longevity, blade feel, etc., are Silver Blues, SharpeEdge (yellows), and possibly 7 O'Clock Black. The Gillette Platinums are one step down from Polsilvers and Silver Blues on the sharpness continuum but very comfortable and a nice blade worth trying. Sometimes "sharper" doesn't equal "better". Every time I break out a Platinum I end up thinking "now that was a damn nice shave". But I'm not a cutting-power junkie; I'm more comfort oriented.

As noted, blades are extremely subjective and all ya can really do is try a bunch out until one or a few feel really right. For me, Polsilvers (and therefore Wizamets) hit that perfect sweet spot like no other blade can, but everyone has their own equivalent of that.
Out of the blades listed I have experience with most of gilletes ands some others, mostly I had problems with smoothenes. My skin is really sensitive to blades and I have semi growth bit pretty coarse which means I need super smooth blade with meduim to high sharpeness. I will try nacets this weekend if they don't make the list I will explore further

Top Bottom