What's new

HELP NEEDED - what is the best soap in a wooden bowl

I don't like C&E soap. I currently have the dregs of some Nomad on my vanity and a new unused Sandalwood puck to refill the wooden bowl.

I do like having a wooden bowl on the vanity - I rest my razor on it - but the C&E soap is rubbish. So clearly I NEED some new soap in a great bowl.

It is suggested that DR Harris make good soap but rubbish bowls. Other have suggested makers of great bowls but rubbish soap.

So I need a good soap in a good bowl - what is the BEST soap in the BEST bowl?

I am such a fan of DR Harris- their soaps really are fantastic, but sadly the bowls are not terribly durable. I would suggest buying a Harris soap (in the bowl) and re-finishing the bowl before you use it.

You could also grab a wooden bowl of Kent (re-branded MWF) soap.

David, thanks as always

I am such a fan of DR Harris- their soaps really are fantastic, but sadly the bowls are not terribly durable.

That is what I've heard

I would suggest buying a Harris soap (in the bowl) and re-finishing the bowl before you use it.

No, [stamps feet] I want it RIGHT when I buy it! :)

You could also grab a wooden bowl of Kent (re-branded MWF) soap.

Under-whelmed by MWF I have to confess

You could get a wooden bowl from Italian Barber and then put your soap of choice in it. I've got one and they are nice bowls.

I've got them all and would suggest either a puck of Tabac or a puck of TOBS Sandalwood. Lathers like a dream and the wooden bowl goes the distance. I did see Harris offering their soaps in a choice of bowls, maybe this could solve the problem. The Tabac bowl isn't that bad looking.

I remember Rudy Vey saying the Floris bowls are the best made bowls he's ever seen. I can't find the post though.

How's about buying a wooden bowl from Italian barber and popping King of the Castle Lavender hard soap in it. That's my plan in the new year. It's a pretty cheap combo compared to a lot of others.

Great suggestions. Some really nice bowls too but one requirement is a flat top to rest my razor du jour on :)

D

Deleted member 48987

I think the new Penhaligon's Sartorial soap with wooden bowl is quite nice

Top Bottom