What's new

Help Needed, WD won't stop shedding.

Hi guys, today while shaving my whipped dog shed like a, well a dog. While loading my brush with cream I lost about 7-8 hairs, then when in the bowl building a lather I lost a further 7-8 hairs and when applying lather to my face I lost a few more hairs.

This brush is not new, it's onto it's tenth shave or so and has not stopped shedding. I would say on average it loses about 4-5 hairs. Today it just would not stop shedding. Now problem is that this is a replacement brush that Larry sent me for my other brush that just wouldn't quit shedding. I am worried its me and not the brushes, but I can't figure out the problem. I broke them in, and treat them the same as my Vulfix/Simpsons brushes and neither of those have shed since their initial break in.

I really do not want to contact Larry to ask for another replacement, but these brushes seem to be uncontrollably losing hairs. I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions.

I had the same problem with my extra drilled knot.. It wouldn't stop shedding no matter what. So I got my replacement today. Did the clean up and performed a lather to let it sit over night and only lost about 7 hairs on it nd no more seem to be sticking out. Is yours extra drilled? Cuz I swear the difference is night and day between this not extra drilled one. My extra drilled lost about 15 or so on the first test lather and just wouldn't stop.

abhikpr, yes my brush is drilled deeper. I will wait and see some other replies and email larry tomorrow about perhaps getting a replacement which isn't drilled.

Larry is a real gentleman and I am sure he will make it good.
Give him a chance before making yourself upset. My 2 cents.

I have had my WD Silvertip set deep for over a year and a half. It has never shed. Everyone can get a bad knot from china. If it does does not stop in a week or so just contact Larry. He is great to deal with.

Let's not get a rumor started that WD brushes that are drilled deeper shed.............

proxy.php

Mine shed every time I used it for about a month. I didn't use it every day, but in a rotation. I was about to contact Larry, when it suddenly stopped. It hasn't shed another hair in the year and a half that has passed.

Larry is a gem...and he'll likely replace the brush...but are you going to be patient if the second replacement brush sheds too?

Sometimes it's better to move on.

Last edited:
I've had mine for about a month now and no shedding. Also have a boar from Larry and it she'd a few at first but then quit. my Firehouse is Silvertip set deeper, but the Boar is standard height.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1418869717805.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1418869717805.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom