What's new

Help needed - Timeless OC

Hi all!

I was trying to decide between Timeless .95 SB vs SC when couple of comments asked me to get the OC instead as it is very safe/tame yet efficient. I have a DE razor with a safety bar and have never used an OC one. I am also a little intimidated by the concept of OC :)

It will be great to hear the feedback of other who are using the .95 OC

How would you rate it in terms of aggressiveness? And can someone who has been shaving with a SB use it without having to worry about cuts/weepers

Any help will be highly appreciated

Hi all!

I was trying to decide between Timeless .95 SB vs SC when couple of comments asked me to get the OC instead as it is very safe/tame yet efficient. I have a DE razor with a safety bar and have never used an OC one. I am also a little intimidated by the concept of OC :)

It will be great to hear the feedback of other who are using the .95 OC

How would you rate it in terms of aggressiveness? And can someone who has been shaving with a SB use it without having to worry about cuts/weepers

Any help will be highly appreciated
I don’t have a .95 SB or scallop bar but I love the .95 OC. Efficient but very smooth and very safe. Timeless does OC right IMHO.

There is much information posted around if you have time to search.

Both Ti and SS Timeless OC razors are incredibly fun to use. What are you shaving with now? Do you like heavier or lighter razors? Are you a daily shaver?

Also welcome to the forum. Cheers.

do not have the .95 yet just the .68 as the other thread have all 3 plates

if you know you want the .95 get it I think Timeless still has a 30 day return ?
I have found you just have to try things and see what you like and give them time I never did the 30 day return thing instead held onto them for as long as I can and come back around to them even if I did not like them after a year you will know what you like and often change what you like etc...
but that is me YMMV :)

My Timeless 68 OC is already for tomorrow to play with :) they are a thing of beauty with the scallop cap IMHO

I have the .95 in SS and all 3 plates (OC, SB, SC) as well as the scallop cap and flat cap. If you shave every day or your beard doesn't grow fast, any plate will work for you. I don't shave every day and my beard is thick so FOR ME, the OC is the best choice as my cut beard hairs don't clog up in the plate. It is efficient, smooth, and definitely not scary. Ride the cap, use sharp blades until you are used to using it, and it will give you wonderful shaves - regardless of plate or cap. YMMV but my favorite combination is OC and scallop cap.

Getting the job done in 2 passes depends on each person. I shave with safety razors of all kinds and Straight razors of all grinds and edges and I could never get a proper shave in two passes.

I find the OC is best for longer whiskers so id recommend (depending on how your whiskers grow) to wait an extra day before shaving. If I shave daily I can use a SB but any more than that and a OC or Straight comes into play.

Good luck with your new razor.

Top Bottom