What's new

Help! My Favourite Brush is Shedding!!!

That’s interesting. I’m currently looking into if brushes need to be rotated at all. I’m not convinced that they do. Two straight years isn’t too bad of a run. I would have expected a few more but still ok on a cost per shave basis. Does it smell at all? Mildew etc.
Well my dad used the same badger brush for about 20 years before he needed to buy a new one. I guess guys of my dad's generation only saw the need for owning one at at time.

Well my dad used the same badger brush for about 20 years before he needed to buy a new one. I guess guys of my dad's generation only saw the need for owning one at at time.
It doesn't smell at all. The wet dog odour lasted for about the first week when it was new.

It's not really worth re knitting. I'm.just emotionally attached to it, lol.
May try a boar bristle

’Worth’ is totally up to you! This is not an economic decision IMO!!

I had an old EverReady 200 boar knot replaced with a Shavemac 2-band because I enjoy the handle. :a29:

’Worth’ is totally up to you! This is not an economic decision IMO!!

I had an old EverReady 200 boar knot replaced with a Shavemac 2-band because I enjoy the handle. :a29:
Yes your correct,. I had an old mechanical watch repaired last year. The repair cost more than the watch is worth in money, but its priceless to me.

This is good news. I’m not going to worry about changing my brush daily anymore. If I’m enjoying a brush, I’ll go ahead and use it for a week at a time with reckless abandon.

If they still make that brush you might just go and get a new one.

Help required please people.
I've had my Edwin Jagger best badger for nearly two years with no major hair loss (the brush, not me) but over the last couple of weeks it's been shedding like crazy.
I rinse it well and store it upside down in its stand. Any ideas please
it happened to me twice once with a EJ best badger and once with a EJ Super badger. I get my nib from Golden Niob and make my own handle now- much better and cheaper!

Top Bottom