What's new

HELP--merkur slant

Tlanning, if you could get some pics straight from the side and/or the front this all would be over in a hartbeat........

Tlanning, if you could get some pics straight from the side and/or the front this all would be over in a hartbeat........

It is over. Picture two: Notice how there's more material on the left side of the very top of the razor than on the right. That's a characteristic of a slant, as well, and easily seen in the pictures. :smile:

Can you take another picture of it from the top? The angle is a bit odd on th at pic.

But from what I can see it looks pretty much like a Slant; at least the ones I have owned anyway. Better pictures would eliminate any mystery.

Chillax, Bro. :smile:

picture to follow shortly

considering one side is closer gapped than the other side is, its a slant. some like them some dont. I am still thinking of getting one.

The mostly flat part of the cap proves that this is a slant.

Not to mention the HD safety bar doesn't look like that either.

Looks like a Slant. Odd that is shaves just like the HD though, I can definitely feel the difference between my HD and my Slant. Like the Slant better, personally, it's my go-to razor.

The mostly flat part of the cap proves that this is a slant.

Not to mention the HD safety bar doesn't look like that either.

no question, its a slant, but is it holding the blade properly? That was my question originally, I have no question of it being a slant head--I just thouhgt the blade was supposed to stick out a little:001_smile

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would say if you are able to also post a picture like the following, it should clear up the slant question.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert, (but I do watch the people's court!) and I am looking at my slant and my HD as I look at the original pictures. One obvious difference between my 2 razors is that the cap of the slant has a corrugated shape, similar to the bar. On my HD, the cap is perfectly smooth. Looking at the pics, the cap has the corrugated shape, and without worrying about slanting/curving, I think its pretty obvious that the razor in question is a slant.

I'm selling my Slant. It's a fantastic razor, but for me it shaves no closer than my HD, and I find my HD far easier to shave just under my nose. I can never get BBS on my chin either, for some odd reason!

Top Bottom