What's new

Help me with two scent profiles please!

I am after some new soap and would like to get two scent profiles. The first one...what is the most wild west inspired shave soap you've ever smelled? Would it be PAA's Boomtown Bay Rum or their Tombstone scent? Another brand perhaps?

The second...what is the most Pirate smelling shave soap? Noble Otter Plunder?

Stirling’s Texas on Fire is a pretty Wild West scent IMO. As for the most “Pirate” scent? Can’t go wrong with PAA’s Atomic Age Bay Rum in the CK-6 formula. Get the splash too. You’ll thank me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely Atomic Age for pirates. It's the most complex and satisfying Bay Rum I've encountered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ghost Town Barber by Chiseled Face is also wild west. I second the suggestion of Atomic Age for pirates.

^^^^^this

I dont know what the wild west would actually smell like, but would imagine ghost town Barber to be it.

20200322_120236.jpg

camo

Well I just ordered the Ghost Town Barber, PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum CK-6 with the Aftershave as well as the PAA Boomtown Bay Rum CK-6 with the Aftershave. I should be good I would suspect haha.

My shipments came in and I will say the Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber is incredible and the PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum and Boomtown Bay Rum the the most amazing Bay Rums I have ever smelled!

My shipments came in and I will say the Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber is incredible and the PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum and Boomtown Bay Rum the the most amazing Bay Rums I have ever smelled!

good deal and congrats.

just as an fyi......the ghost town after shave smells just as good and has menthol in it. good stuff all.

camo

I just received the Ghost Town Barber in the new Silk Formula and while it does smell very good, it's a 100% clone of Mike's Natural Barbershop. I was really hoping for a different take on the scent...something as unique as their Midnight Stag.

A great pirate scent is Blackbeard from Wet Shaving Products. There is also a nice Bay Rum scent. Blackbeard is a limited edition, so it may not be available at this time.

Another great wild west soap is Barrister & Mann Roam. It is a limited edition and may be hard to find, but it definitely fits the bill.

How is that new base? Better than the old one?

I have not tried the final formulation, but I tested some of the earlier developmental formulas. One of the four formulas I tester had performance similar to the current offerings from A&E, B&M, DG, GD M&M, WK and ZM.... elite performers all. Even the less capable formulas still represented an improvement to the old CF base. Thus, Silk Tallow should be great soap. I am just waiting for some additional scents to be released.

I only have experience with Boomtown, and i really like the blackpowder note. I bought that and Atomic age bay rum at the same time. Havent used Atomic yet, for some reason I am compelled to save it until I work through other items in my inventory.

Top Bottom