What's new

Help me with Pinaud aftershaves!

I would like to buy some Clubman Pinaud aftershaves. Could you tell me which ones are not powdery? I don't like powdered aftershaves. I would also appreciate a description of the scent, but I can always look for it later.
Thanks in advance!

You can get samples at Maggards. They are pretty cheap. Even if you make a blind purchase and go for the 6 oz bottle it's not going to hurt you that bad if you're not fond of the scent.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Lime sec and vanilla are my only recommendations. The scents are not exactly lime or vanilla but I like them and they are the least objectionable of their line.

Sir Lee93, you're aware that Pinaud is the company and brand, while Clubman is one specific aftershave item.
Pinaud has many aftershave products, which you can explore.
Several are mentioned above.
However, I must ask, with the ubiquity of great Proraso products in Italy, why look any further??

proraso green merkur progress omega venics july 11 2015.jpg

Clubman has now become more than just the classic Pinaud Clubman (which becomes very powdery). There's the Clubman Reserve line which is all booze inpsired scents, like Whiskey Woods, Cognac Neat, the not-at-all powdery Gent's Gin, among others. Then there is the classic Pinaud line of which the only one I don't care for is the Bay Rum (I end up smelling like baked ham on a hot day). Pinaud also has hair tonics (Quinine and eau de portugal) which I rather like as aftershaves.

Thank you all!
I want to try Bay Rum (but the baked ham thing scares me!) , Gent's Gin, Special Reserve and Whiskey Woods.

@sarimento1
I have been using Proraso Green After Shave for 10 years, but I don't like the new formula anymore, the smell is non-existent and the menthol kick is lower. Always very good skin care. I don't like Proraso Red very much, it feels oppressive and powdery on my skin.
I would like an after shave splash of Proraso White, Blu and Wood&Spice.

My favourite AS is US Aqua Velva but it is very hard to find here in Italy, instead Clubman Pinaud is everywhere!

Last edited:
Thank you all!
I want to try Bay Rum (but the baked ham thing scares me!) , Gent's Gin, Special Reserve and Whiskey Woods.

@sarimento1
I have been using Proraso Green After Shave for 10 years, but I don't like the new formula anymore, the smell is non-existent and the menthol kick is lower. Always very good skin care. I don't like Proraso Red very much, it feels oppressive and powdery on my skin.
I would like an after shave splash of Proraso White, Blu and Wood&Spice.

My favourite AS is US Aqua Velva but it is very hard to find here in Italy, instead Clubman Pinaud is everywhere!

understand!
you might have some success finding Speick aftershave, no powder scent, very clean.
or you can always use a little wood & spice cologne as an aftershave, works fine for me.
i've also enjoyed acqua di genova, in case you're in that region.

genoa 2019 N8-2441s.jpg

understand!
you might have some success finding Speick aftershave, no powder scent, very clean.
or you can always use a little wood & spice cologne as an aftershave, works fine for me.
i've also enjoyed acqua di genova, in case you're in that region.

View attachment 1302826
Btw how do like the Omega 599? I want one for my travel kit as the Mixed Midget is just to scritchy to use for two times in a row…

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Clubman has now become more than just the classic Pinaud Clubman (which becomes very powdery). There's the Clubman Reserve line which is all booze inpsired scents, like Whiskey Woods, Cognac Neat, the not-at-all powdery Gent's Gin, among others. Then there is the classic Pinaud line of which the only one I don't care for is the Bay Rum (I end up smelling like baked ham on a hot day). Pinaud also has hair tonics (Quinine and eau de portugal) which I rather like as aftershaves.

This

But especially THIS

+2! First, my favorite is Pinaud Clubman (a classic and powdery), so take this with at least a grain of salt!

Second, these are good products that VERY REASONABLY PRICED! So, worth trying the entire line IMO.
:a29: :a29:

Third, although it has many fans the only Pinaud I dislike is the Veg (and even that is worth a try.)

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I've got a dozen A/S on my shelf, a quarter of which are Pinauds.

• Clubman (used for almost 40 years, my favorite)
  • Lilac Vegetal (Yes, I am chosen, and I feel blessed)
  • Classic Vanilla
  • Special Reserve (mostly a fall/winter scent for me)

I don't own two scents from any other company. Love this stuff. I'm not a Bay Rum or Lime fan, period, so I don't care for the Pinauds of either of them, but I don't like any others, either. But those four? Always in stock on my shave shelf.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

The booze versions are the only one's of Pinaud's product line up, I haven't yet been inspired to purchase or use. However, they do sound like they would be fun to tinker around with and see what could be mixed up. I don't ever read or see much of anything lacking with them in reviews, as far as weaknesses of scent and/or performance goes.

Reading about what and where, a cheap AS may lack, helps me to obtain the personal inspiration to then acquire, experiment and possibly find out the why a certain AS does; and then the trying of the how's in possibly making an AS that while good, seems to be missing something or just lacking some other kind of ingredient or added scent, to make it's overall profile, more synergistic? :)

Only one I haven't found especially powdery is Citrus Musk. The others are to varying degrees powdery in the drydown, although I'd posit that the Lime Sec and Bay Rum would work for anti-powder sensibilities as well.

Top Bottom