What's new

Help me to identify this Rubberset brush, please

I inherited this brush. Here's a full side shot (Click image for full size):

... and here's a close-up of the markings on the bottom (Click image for full size):

(Sorry about the poor photography -- it's a new digital camera and I haven't figured it all out yet)

The bottom reads: "Sterilized. Rubberset Trade Mark. Made In Canada". The Knot glue seems to be solid at least a half inch up the bristles. I mean the knot is rock-solid for the first half inch about the handle.

Would you all please help identify the model, what the original knot would have been, and express an opinion on whether it seems worth the cost to have it done? Also whether it should be re-done in boar, badger, or synthetic?

Also, are there any B&B members that do re-knotting that you'd recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow-up:

To help identify the brush, I measured the handle and knot. The bristles have been cut by the previous owner, so we don't know how long they originally were.

Height of handle = 42 mm
Width of knot at handle= 24 mm

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Cool brush, I would be happy to put in a new knot if you buy the knot. Send me a pm if interested. You can also look in the vendor and hobbyist thread for some one to do it for you.

Cool brush, I would be happy to put in a new knot if you buy the knot. Send me a pm if interested. You can also look in the vendor and hobbyist thread for some one to do it for you.
Thanks for the offer, Mike (BTW, I'm also "Mike")
I'm not in a super rush. I'd like to find out more about it before I decide. This post is more about gathering information.

Top Bottom