What's new

Help me to find the right Shaving Bowl

Here is my shaving bowl. $2.85 at Wal-Mart

With a tub of ToOBS for size comparison

proxy.php

And in my hand

proxy.php

Lots of room, great for building lather, and it holds heat really well.

I bought a great ceramic bowl for $2 at K-Mart. It's slightly textured on the inside which causes most anything to lather up a LOT faster than the smooth latte mug I was using.

That's what I'm looking for ... slightly textured on the inside.

Could you post a brand name, a link, a UPC code ... something that will help narrow it down when I go to buy one?

That's what I'm looking for ... slightly textured on the inside.

Could you post a brand name, a link, a UPC code ... something that will help narrow it down when I go to buy one?

Hmm...unfortunately I don't know the brand and I chucked out the tag. I could drop by the store and take a look sometime next week though, if you can wait that long.

I find a big mug/soup cup with a handle best so that when filled with boiling water its easy to pick up without burning your hand because of the handle.

Hmm...unfortunately I don't know the brand and I chucked out the tag. I could drop by the store and take a look sometime next week though, if you can wait that long.

Sure, no problem waiting a week ... thanks.

I hipe they come in different colors ... I want to get a dark bowl so it will contrast agains the white lather.

My current bowl is a rather large classic enamel covered metal bowl. I usually keep it afloat in a hot water filled sink.

proxy.php

These bowls are mostly found in larger outdoor stores, museum stures, fleamarkets, antique stores, those pesky "home decoration" stores - or in the kitchens of elderly family members. I found mine at the "General Store" at the Rebild National Park.

Regards.

Jakob

Black rice bowl at Target on clearance for a buck........:wink: I usually let it soak in hot water while I'm showering before the shave. keeps warm for a bit. I also use a stainless steel small dog bowl with the non slip rubber bottom. good if you want to spin a lather on the sink counter top. Walmart had them for $2. let it soak for 5 minutes and keeps the heat for a while!!

Top Bottom