What's new

Help me shave my head...

I have been shaving my head for a number of years now I’ve tried different razors ( cartridge, DE razors ) with mixed results.
Recently bought a Leaf razor and it has been the best of them all gives me a great shave every time.
Have only used leaf razor blades in it so far so looking forward to trying different blades soon.

The only blades I have ever thrown away unused were the blades included with my Leaf razor. I used a set of three for a few shaves and then tried some Shark Saloon blades, and tossed the rest of the Leaf branded blades.

I have not noticed any blade difference when shaving my face with a DE razor, but ror me, the difference with the Leaf blades on my head was very noticeable.

The only blades I have ever thrown away unused were the blades included with my Leaf razor. I used a set of three for a few shaves and then tried some Shark Saloon blades, and tossed the rest of the Leaf branded blades.

I have not noticed any blade difference when shaving my face with a DE razor, but ror me, the difference with the Leaf blades on my head was very noticeable.
I must admit when I bought the leaf razor I didn’t have much hope there blades would be any good but so far have been alright for me.
I dont own any Shark blades but I’ll add them to the list to try.
I have some Astras and some voshkod blades I wanna try so I’ll see how they go.

I must admit when I bought the leaf razor I didn’t have much hope there blades would be any good but so far have been alright for me.
I dont own any Shark blades but I’ll add them to the list to try.
I have some Astras and some voshkod blades I wanna try so I’ll see how they go.

I bought a variety of half-blades, and Shark just happened to be the first that I tried after the "Leaf" blades. There are likely other full DE blades that can be snapped in half that may be better, but even the inexpensive Shark blades ($5 or $6 per 100) seemed miles better than the Leaf blades, at least for me.

I bought a variety of half-blades, and Shark just happened to be the first that I tried after the "Leaf" blades. There are likely other full DE blades that can be snapped in half that may be better, but even the inexpensive Shark blades ($5 or $6 per 100) seemed miles better than the Leaf blades, at least for me.
I’ll certainly try get my hands on some of those shark blades.
Have not tried snapping any blades in half for this razor so it shall be interesting to see how they sit in the razor.

I’ll certainly try get my hands on some of those shark blades.
Have not tried snapping any blades in half for this razor so it shall be interesting to see how they sit in the razor.

The snapped blades should work fine, and opens up a huge variety of blades to try out. Snapping them does leave a tiny bit of a curl on the broken edge, but shouldn't be an issue.

Just be sure to snap them before unwrapping the blade.

1) if your hair is long more than 5mm, Trimm w and electric trimmer
2) at the beginning, I suggest using a cart - 2 blades or a Gillette Guard from India (best thing ever) with lather/brush.

Once you master the shaving......(not skipping parts, no cuts and no irritation) then you can try any razor you have used before.

Another option is the Remington 5 head rotary razor (dry or wet) this is for head shaving.....

The snapped blades should work fine, and opens up a huge variety of blades to try out. Snapping them does leave a tiny bit of a curl on the broken edge, but shouldn't be an issue.

Just be sure to snap them before unwrapping the blade.
Thanks for the tips I appreciate them.
Ill give it a go in the next week.

I have been shaving my head for a number of years now I’ve tried different razors ( cartridge, DE razors ) with mixed results.
Recently bought a Leaf razor and it has been the best of them all gives me a great shave every time.
Have only used leaf razor blades in it so far so looking forward to trying different blades soon.

I wasn't familiar with Leaf so I went to their site to check out. Which razor are you using on your dome? I'm about 30 days into using DE razors and although I'm successful without any nicks on my head, I just can't seem to get it as close as I can with my Gillette Fusion cartridge.

I wasn't familiar with Leaf so I went to their site to check out. Which razor are you using on your dome? I'm about 30 days into using DE razors and although I'm successful without any nicks on my head, I just can't seem to get it as close as I can with my Gillette Fusion cartridge.
14D65949-0585-4A94-AA97-1C89D2FAFB77.jpeg68B5D18D-DCB8-48A3-888B-EEE69C8CCAC7.jpeg
This is the one I use

+1 on the Leaf. I switched from my Mach3, and shave my head once per week. A DE would work, but with a once per week head shave, the design of the Leaf is much more efficient.

Rapira for head shaves. Mild and good for 7 days a week.

Chieftain Jr. from Vikings Blade is what I started with. And a Gillette Fusion.

Top Bottom