What's new

Help me please! Tried everything...

Hello guys - newbie here...

Picture: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

So, I'm a 25 year old guy who desperately needs help to remove the ''shadow'' after shaving. I tried shaving with the grain, against the grain, using safety razors with different blades, normal razors, and electric shavers. Despite of getting the closest shave possible, I still get a shadow after the shave. Now, to demonstrate this, I have a picture (selfie) of myself, I took yesterday, and I noticed how the moustache shadow is clearly there, even though I had the closest shave possible just hours before. Today I tried to remove the shadow from the picture to see how I would look without the shadow, and boy... it would look much better. Now, I have both pictures side by side, so you guys can see what I look like normally and what my GOAL is (GOAL is the self edited shadow remove I did using photoshop).

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself more fully.

It may be my old eyes or my old monitor, but I can't tell that much difference in your photos. You may be a guy who genetically has a very heavy beard and despite getting a close, smooth shave, you still have a shadow. If so, not really anything that can be done about that.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself more fully.

It may be my old eyes or my old monitor, but I can't tell that much difference in your photos. You may be a guy who genetically has a very heavy beard and despite getting a close, smooth shave, you still have a shadow. If so, not really anything that can be done about that.
Most probably your monitor :)
I mean, I would not complain about having a thick beard and shadow, but just NOT on the moustache...

Welcome to B&B.

After you shave rub your hand across the part of your face that is dark. If you don't feel any stubble, your beard is just darker than your skin and there is nothing you can do.

Some gents just have a dark beard and can never escape the five-o'clock shadow. If it really bothers you, you might consider looking into cosmetics to cover it up.

Some gents just have a dark beard and can never escape the five-o'clock shadow. If it really bothers you, you might consider looking into cosmetics to cover it up.
How come my moustache is leaving much more shadow than the stubble?

Hello and welcome to B&B.... It's called genetics, Very few people have it. Mostly it happens with people with black hair and a very course beard. You are going to have to own it. Like previously stated those who don't wish they had.

I have a course, thick beard, but light colored hair. It used to take some real growth before I got a 5 o'clock shadow that you could see (now with the gray beard, it reflects light and is more noticeable than it was when it was red), though it felt rough pretty quickly after shaving. My dad actually has a lighter beard growth than I do, but he has very dark hair. He has a visible 5 o'clock shadow almost immediately after shaving.

If you have a smooth shave where you can't feel the stubble when you run your hand over it, there isn't much you can do. If it really bothers you I'd suggest growing either a beard or a goatee. Keep it trimmed and you'll look fine and not have the 5 o'clock shadow if that bothers you.

Welcome to B&B.

After you shave rub your hand across the part of your face that is dark. If you don't feel any stubble, your beard is just darker than your skin and there is nothing you can do.

+3. My thoughts exactly!

Welcome to the Madhouse Brian1. :001_smile
... I still get a shadow after the shave. ...
In addition to the responses and advice above:
Once you've shaved, and your skin is perfectly smooth in every direction (BBS), check it out in a magnifying mirror.

I suspect that you'll find your beard hair in the darkest parts is growing virtually parallel to your skin. Whereas in the lighter parts the beard hair will be growing more "straight out." So the direction of growth (and color too of course) are responsible for the shadow (or otherwise) look.

I have thick and nearly parallel growth over most of my beard area. I must admit it's never bothered me. In fact I'd never given it a thought till I joined B&B. :laugh:

I had the same problem and solved it by aging and having mt beard turn white

Welcome to B&B, Brian.

Ha! Since your skin is smooth after shaving, you're done, IMO. You have achieved a perfect shave. As others have said, own it, embrace it. This too shall pass.

Top Bottom