What's new

Help Me Pick My next Soap/Croap/Cream

Don’t wait to try MWF! Love it or hate it or meh, it is a classic.

A soap I waited much too long to try is Cella. Loved the scent and performance.

Tabac is very polarizing in it's scent. My wife hates it and I'm not a fan either. Great soap.
I used it this morning for the first time. My wife loves it and so do I but I do understand that everyone's tastes are different. And, yes, it is a great soap. Wonderful lather.

You asked about my impressions. I have had limited use of any since I'm trying to finish some Proraso (done) and some Declaration Grooming. I did try the Stirling Sheep sample. Not for me I'm afraid. It made good lather but the razor didn't glue well across my beard. It felt like I was shaving with face soap.

The Master soap Creations Apricot Pie is not a scent I would pick. I tried shaving with it and it was a good shave but it has currently been used as potpourri under my sink. I'm just letting it breath for a while and then I'll get back to it.

The Stirling samples of Sharp Dressed man and Barber shop haven't been opened yet but they will get in my rotation soon.

No clear winners yet.

Dirty

I thought I would loop back and discuss this soap.

Initially, I was not fond of the fragrance. I left in uncovered in the bathroom for a few weeks to "mellow". It either lost some of its power or I eventually got used to it to the point where I find it somewhat OK.

I have been using it for its intended purpose (not as potpourri) for a few weeks and I do like the lather.

You don't need much on the brush to get lots of lather. I think initially, I overloaded the brush and had some problems making a good lather (brush/bowl). Less soap was the answer. I choke up on the badger and whisk around in the soap for 10-15 seconds and then go right to the bowl to make lather. If I still have issues, then I add a drop or two of water and "stand back there it goes" and it makes tons of billowy goodness. Nice and slick. It feels rich.

I would buy this product again but I would definitely try another scent.

Dirty

Top Bottom