What's new

Help me pick my next Saponificio Varesino soap

I currently have the Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary soap and it is a personal favourite. It has a mild but heavenly scent and lathers like a charm. I now want to purchase another of the SV shaving soaps, but can't decide which one. There are several and the product descriptions are not always helpful.

Just an FYI...I am not a big fan of heavy - heavy scented products. I would like one with a distinctly Italian /European, floral scent. I am sure they are all fine soaps...it is just hard to choose. I know scent preferences are a personal thing. Your opinions and experiences are welcomed as I embark on this very important decision.

Dolomiti smells like a mineral spa (not sulphur spa!), mixed with some light floral. By far my favorite SV soap and in my top 5 also scents of all time!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ordered Felce Aromatica and Dolometi. And I did a trade with a guy at work for an unopened Opuntia. I also ordered 6 of the SV bath soaps in some of the other scents to try them out. The bath soaps are much less expensive and if I don't like a scent it won't have been a big investment.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ordered Felce Aromatica and Dolometi. And I did a trade with a guy at work for an unopened Opuntia. I also ordered 6 of the SV bath soaps in some of the other scents to try them out. The bath soaps are much less expensive and if I don't like a scent it won't have been a big investment.
The bath soaps are truly great and very good value for your money.

Great choices!! Enjoy!! :a14: :a14:

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these. I think Felce Aromatica is an intoxicating beautiful classic. I think Dolomiti is incredibly underwhelming.

BTW, I did the bath soap thing, and found the shave soaps smell better and stronger, in general, vs. their corresponding bath soaps. EX. my 70th shave soap is my favorite soap smell ever. My 70th bath soap hardly smells like anything.

BTW BTW, my experiences may just show how much batch inconsistency is possible.

I recently ordered those two as well. In the package, Felce is terrific and pretty strong. Dolomiti was pretty subdued. I'll be interested to see if it's stronger when lathered.

SV soaps seems to differ a fair bit in strength. Stella and Manna are stronger. Mirto is subdued. Haven't tried the others. SV soaps are great in performance regardless of scent.

Top Bottom