What's new

Help me pick a brush. Only from the lists given. Boar or badger, or, recommend one of each.

For your boar brush, I'd suggest either the 1800 or the C5 Torga premium. The C5 is like the 610 on steroids, with a dense and sturdy 24mm knot. The C3 is a bit small in hand, IMO.
They carry the C5 but it is sold out, but I'm looking for on the small side anyway. I think really the 1800 and Torga are equally suited, as I said to someone else, I may just toss a coin. :)

Well the Timberwolf is cheap enough, I will throw it in my cart the next time I order from Maggards for "evaluation." Basically open it and look at it. Then I will send it to you CP(via USPS). Unless it cost more than the brush, which it shouldn't. It's the kind of thing you want around when you just missed something and don't have your boar soaking already and don't have time. This won't be for a least a month so you can play around with the piggie! Now go toss that coin, but skip the C3 as advised above.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Brushes are a mystery to me. I'm still trying to find a couple couple to put into rotation. I love my ESC Ultimate G4 but haven't found another equal yet. It really is trial and error. What one person just loves don't work for someone else. So recommendations are difficult.

I'm set for a razor I like, have a few soaps/creams I just love. I don't want to try badgers or boars for some reason. I am not morally opposed to them, I just want to stick with synthetics at this point. If my search proves problematic, I might have to change my mind.

Well the Timberwolf is cheap enough, I will throw it in my cart the next time I order from Maggards for "evaluation." Basically open it and look at it. Then I will send it to you CP(via USPS). Unless it cost more than the brush, which it shouldn't. It's the kind of thing you want around when you just missed something and don't have your boar soaking already and don't have time. This won't be for a least a month so you can play around with the piggie! Now go toss that coin, but skip the C3 as advised above.
Good heavens :) That's terribly kind of you. An unnamed benefactor has offered to send me an Atomic Rocket, so, it would be unnecessary for me to have another synth. I'm appreciative that you even thought to send it. There seems to be more people that have spoken for the 1800 earlier on, so I guess its in the lead. I guess I'll skip the coin toss, and go with it.

Good heavens :) That's terribly kind of you. An unnamed benefactor has offered to send me an Atomic Rocket, so, it would be unnecessary for me to have another synth. I'm appreciative that you even thought to send it. There seems to be more people that have spoken for the 1800 earlier on, so I guess its in the lead. I guess I'll skip the coin toss, and go with it.
I am glad to hear that, the 1800. It will be a bit, month or even two till my next Maggards order. I will bug you before I do and if it turns out all your brushes are wonderful, but too big then... you will have three. :w00t:

Was busy for a few days, but, as it stands now, I have two kind benefactors, one sending a synth, and one sending a boar. I'll post with pics and reviews once I have them in hand. I really do appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. It's always helpful to hear about other people's experiences. :)

Top Bottom