What's new

Help me pic a boot

Good move. I think they run big so I tried on several sizes and actually brought one pair back the next day to exchange. Years ago I got a red wing dress boot at my normal usual size and it’s basically too big. I never took it back but I never wear it and realized now that was stupid. Once you know your exact size you can order from on line
But yes you have less people to yell at. lol
Keep us posted
Well I went to the store. Waited for a while until someone could get to me. No biggie. "Stand on this computer thingy". I do not want insoles, I want boots. "Just stand on it, it will measure your feet". OK. "Well lets double check with the old style measure thing too". GRRR OK

" Try this 8.5" (Yes I have small feet. I am a small man and my feet are perfectly proportionate to the rest of me)
Feels pretty good.
"I think you may need a smaller size as they stretch when breaking in"
OK can I try one?
"No, we do not have any"

So I am left guessing on size even after driving 45 miles to try on a pair of boots that is the wrong color and not the exact same sole either. I loved the ones in the pic on the internet, but what I had in my hand, or on my foot rather, I was not loving. I really do not want to pay $350 for a pair of boots that I will HOPEFULLY love. If I am going to be disappointed, I would rather buy a cheap pair so when I toss em after 6 months of hating them, I am not out $350.

So I tried to find somewhere to try on the wolverine. No where has wolverines, well not the high end ones. I was sent to a store I never heard of to check there. It turned out to be sort of like an Academy Sports store. They of course did not have 1000 mile wolverines. But I saw a plain pair of Caterpillar with welt construction and minimal "garbage" on the inside on sale for $69.99. I was so frustrated and disgusted that I just grabbed a pair off the shelf.

When we got back to the truck, I told my wife "you know I am going to regret this right?" She said she knew that when I picked them up. LOL Man I hate shopping. Unless it is for shaving gear.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh man. That’s insane. I’d be tempted to call the 1800 number and yell at the voice prompt thing for awhile.

Oh man. That’s insane. I’d be tempted to call the 1800 number and yell at the voice prompt thing for awhile.
I will revisit the issue after a while and perhaps look when venturing to a bigger town like on vacation or something. I thought about heading down to the amish community and seeing what they had in their l;eather shop. never know, might like something. lots of people have belts made there. they proly make boots?????

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ya that’s a good plan and you’ve got the $69 pair to last for awhile. Someone had a thread the other day not sure if you saw it. I’m interested but not very open to buying boots online site unseen.

Late to the party, but for a dressier lower profile boot, I love my Thursdays so far. Purchased last June, and the have been great. With that, Thursday does make an American made boot that's pushing $300.00. Either way, great boot, but that Red Wing toe was just a bit too bulbous for me.

Late to the party, but for a dressier lower profile boot, I love my Thursdays so far. Purchased last June, and the have been great. With that, Thursday does make an American made boot that's pushing $300.00. Either way, great boot, but that Red Wing toe was just a bit too bulbous for me.
I have been looking at them for quite sometime now. They just keep popping up in adds and stuff. Proly cause my internet spys on me

Spying? Never. They really are a great boot, so far. Haven't been wearing them in the Upper Peninsula slop and just put them on yesterday, amazed at how good they feel. They do have a seconds available, not sure if you can just google that...they emailed me the link last summer (which I can't find right now!). I went with full price for guaranteed quality and returnability.

Eager to see what the next two years bring with em.

Men - 1000 Mile Cap-Toe Boot - 1000 Mile | Wolverine

Men's Black Captain Lace-Up Boot - Thursday Boot Company (thursdayboots.com)

I know we cannot post ebay links. I hope this is not a no no as I have a heck of a time figuring out how to get a pic copied saved and pasted wehre it will show up.

Anyway, going to be dress boot for first part of its life and moving to work boot when the succession moves along. I live on a farm. I work hard. Walk on thorns in the brush. Get in the mud and cow excrement. But I like to dress well. I feel like the cap toe will serve the dress well puspose and I feel like these are weell made boots that should work hard as well.

Pick one of these or recommend me your fav.

Replacing CHIPPEWA BOOTS #1901M25 ALDRICH CORDOVAN which are currently in the work duty. These are some tuff boots. Had em IDK at least 5 years. Soles replaced with a bit more lug not TOO long ago. I would like something similar but with a bit more in the "dress well" side. The cap toe will serve that purpose I think.

Spend the money and go with the 1000 Mile, quality costs, and lasts!!!

Cool hopefully they get back
Maybe call. They should bend over backwards IMO

1616614525529.png

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Ya that’s a good plan and you’ve got the $69 pair to last for awhile. Someone had a thread the other day not sure if you saw it. I’m interested but not very open to buying boots online site unseen.

View attachment 1241263

I posted a thread recently about getting a pair of the bison boots from Origin.

IMHO the company was very good to deal with in terms of customer communications. Notably, they were pro-active in contacting me when the new batch of leather was a lot lighter in colour than the photos on their website, offering me the option of tan boots soon or brown boots a little bit later.

They have a "foot measurer" thingy on their website you print off and measure your foot ... and then order whatever size it tells you to.

Top Bottom