What's new

Help me identify this Tiffany cartridge.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I recently got a Trac II cartridge razor handle made by "Tiffany & co." in 925 sterling silver.
Originally it was heavily oxidized, after my cleaning it regained its shiny appearance.
(I find the cloth cover elsewhere, so this is not the original cloth cover)

But because he has been out of production for a long time, it is not easy to find relevant information.
I only saw a post from a B&B asking about cartridge type in 2015.↓
What Kind of Razor is This? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-kind-of-razor-is-this.439862/

I'm still curious to know if this razor has any product name, model or number.
So seek the assistance of a knowledgeable gentleman.

Thank you very much for your help and participation. Salute to your knowledge.
This is a photo of my razor with all the lettering above.↓

302468111_5777491262285604_7209767480553621770_n.jpg

I'm sure something as unpopular as "Tiffany's Razor" won't be a fake, people who make fakes should prefer popular items like "Elsa Peretti bean"; Trac II styles that are outdated in 1998 will starve fake makers to death .

ERS4

I know nothing about this razor but you really do find the nicest things 👍
In fact, I also feel that the chances of getting an answer may be very slim.
But what's even better for me is getting feedback from a gentleman like you.

By the way, I just made a small display hanger out of wooden clothespins. And the razor head is protected with a transparent water tube during storage.
IMG_20220905_232158.jpg

I was just going to send you the link to another post on B&B but saw that you already found it and replied. ;) I like the razor. I still use a Trac II for quick shaves and shaving my head. I have a wooden handled one made by Omega that came with a matching brush and stand. The T2 is probably my favorite cartridge.

ERS4

I was just going to send you the link to another post on B&B but saw that you already found it and replied. ;) I like the razor. I still use a Trac II for quick shaves and shaving my head. I have a wooden handled one made by Omega that came with a matching brush and stand. The T2 is probably my favorite cartridge.
Thank you very much.
It must be the brainwave forming power of your generosity in helping people that made me find that post on B&B too.

It's a pity that the OP of that post doesn't seem to be on the B&B anymore after he getting the answer of blade type in 2015.

The Trac II is also my favorite and the only cartridge I keep, and I still carry some of them as a travel razor.
Simple, sturdy and elegant, the track-style head of the Trac II is an aesthetic triumph.

Thank you very much.
It must be the brainwave forming power of your generosity in helping people that made me find that post on B&B too.

It's a pity that the OP of that post doesn't seem to be on the B&B anymore after he getting the answer of blade type in 2015.

The Trac II is also my favorite and the only cartridge I keep, and I still carry some of them as a travel razor.
Simple, sturdy and elegant, the track-style head of the Trac II is an aesthetic triumph.
I agree and also use a Trac II for my travel bag. I have an old Bump Fighter metal handle that takes the Trac II cartridge and it's a really nice handle. I wish I could find some more "fancier" handles to change things up a bit. I could easily shave with the Trac II every day if I had to. It was my first razor when I started shaving around 15 years old. Back then, it was the cheap plastic handle made by Gillette. :001_smile

If you find another Tiffany or other fancy Trac II handle, please let me know!

ERS4

I agree and also use a Trac II for my travel bag. I have an old Bump Fighter metal handle that takes the Trac II cartridge and it's a really nice handle. I wish I could find some more "fancier" handles to change things up a bit. I could easily shave with the Trac II every day if I had to. It was my first razor when I started shaving around 15 years old. Back then, it was the cheap plastic handle made by Gillette. :001_smile

If you find another Tiffany or other fancy Trac II handle, please let me know!
In fact, my original purchase target was some razors co-produced by Shick+International Silver on ebay. ↓
But I can't completely determine the material, some people mentioned that it is silver plated, some people said that there is a manual in the interlayer of the box that the handle is sterling silver.
I have to say that they look very elegant, some of them on ebay may have been oxidized , and it is not difficult to repair.

This one is for women, and some come with a ring in the same style. But it doesn't matter, I think it's beautiful.(photos are from ebay)
proxy.php

Here's another more masculine style.(photos are from ebay)
proxy.php

What I have is an unbranded Trac II razor handle, believed to be from Taiwan in the 1980s.
The good thing is that's uses the M5 thread so I can use a handle from fancy DE like Wolfman, maybe to look for such handles is a nice way of solution.
未命名.jpg

Those look like nice Trac II razor handles. I started shaving in 1977 using the original plastic Trac II. My father used an electric razor, but I found that wet shaving with the Trac II to be a much better experience for me. When the Gillette Atra razor came out, I used one of those for 20 years until I began using the cheap disposable razors and cheap canned shave cream. I do recall getting a good shave from both the Trac II and Atra. For the last couple of years though, I have been using a DE razor, but I may get a cheap Gillette PII (Trac II) handle from India and get some blades for and use it for old times' sake.

ERS4

Those look like nice Trac II razor handles. I started shaving in 1977 using the original plastic Trac II. My father used an electric razor, but I found that wet shaving with the Trac II to be a much better experience for me. When the Gillette Atra razor came out, I used one of those for 20 years until I began using the cheap disposable razors and cheap canned shave cream. I do recall getting a good shave from both the Trac II and Atra. For the last couple of years though, I have been using a DE razor, but I may get a cheap Gillette PII (Trac II) handle from India and get some blades for and use it for old times' sake.
Before I entered DE, I used schick's cartridge razor & Philips electric razor & electric hair cutter one after another...

Until one day, while waiting for my wife's yoga class to finish, I was hanging out at the store and bought a trac II; that night I got a great shave and was amazed at what such a simple razor could achieve.
I began to seriously investigate razor information and discovered the world of DE even shavette/straight razor.

So it was tracII that opened the door to a real shave for me.

Top Bottom