What's new

Help me ID this old adjustable DE

Wow! That is interesting. Don't think I've ever seen a three-piece adjustable. Is there any info engraved on it? Name or country would at least be a start.

waiting for it to arrive only scored it an hour ago. i already have a persona precision three piece adjustable and have also just secured a gibbs no. 17 three piece adjustable. i think they were actually ahead of the FB. not sure though.:thumbup1:

perhaps... but if so why did Gibbs then change to a proprietary blade? This one takes modern blades.:thumbup1:

Wasn't aware of that. Perhaps it was made for the early three hole Gillette blades. They were rounded. If so, that would put it in the 1920-30's range. The design looks to match that era.

P

Pjotr

perhaps... but if so why did Gibbs then change to a proprietary blade? This one takes modern blades.:thumbup1:

If that takes modern blades then going by the proportions the handle is incredibly fat. Makes a fatboy handle look very thin.

One of my personal holy grails.

Well it wasn't a Holy Grail for me but i'll be danged if I ever let it go now that I know what it is. The best part..... I paid £22 for it (about $35). Looks like I really stumbled onto a pot of gold... or nickel as the case may be. Can't wait for it to arrive. Didn't know what it was but when I saw it I knew it must be something special. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom